Vancouver Railtown District Food Tour
OverviewRailtown is arguably Vancouvers hottest neighborhood with great galleries, boutiques, bars and, of course, restaurants. This 2-hour guided tour takes you to cafes, restaurants and even an urban winery for upwards of 10 samples of food and drinks. Your small group, limited to 12 people, will learn the history and recent renewal of the area from a food-loving guide.
Know More about this tour
The tour starts at the HAVE Caf, a culinary training society for people with barriers to employment. Here we have a classic soup and sandwich combo made by their chefs in training. The tour then explores Powell Street where we will pass by numerous historic buildings from the late 1800s such as the World Hotel, The Secord Hotel, The Uchida Building, Oppenheimer Park, the Shibuya Clothing company and more.
The next foodie stop is at the Uncommon Caf for some mind-blowing meatballs (recently voted best in the city), some drinking shrubs, and fresh handmade bread. After passing by some of the oldest houses still standing and the historic Japanese language school, the tour relaxes for a craft beer and BC wine at The Settlement Building. Once a steel factory, this gorgeous space now houses a restaurant, a craft brewery, and an urban winery.
The next stop is at the quirky Railtown Caf for a salad, focaccia bread, and infused lemonade sample. This bright caf is a great place to spot the next tech wizard, fashion designer, or local street artist. After passing by numerous trendy restaurants and more historic buildings such as the Sunshine Market, St. James Anglican Church, and the No. 5 Orange, we end the tour at one of the citys best bakeries for some sweet pastries made by Eleanor Chow and her talented team of chefs.This tour is part of the Canadian Signature Experiences collection, a group of tourism businesses designated by the Canadian Tourism Commission as tours and activities that provide and authentic and distinctive Canadian travel experience.
Inclusions for Vancouver Railtown District Food Tour
- Professional guide
- Food and drink tastings
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Vancouver Railtown District Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
This tour involves roughly 20 minutes of walking
Please dress appropriately for the weather
Tastings include 2 alcohol samples; non-alcoholic beverages may be substituted
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Chinatown Dim Sum and History Tour
- Japanese Cuisine in Vancouver Tour
- The best of Granville Island walking tour
- Elaho Whitewater Experience
- Sport Fishing Adventure on the Rugged West Coast of Vancouver Island
- 'Local' Vancouver E-Bike Adventure - Self-Guided with Picnic
- Vancouver City Sights E-Bike - Self-Guided and Picnic Lunch
- Vancouver City and Seals Scenic Boat Tour