Vanderbilt Museum Admission Ticket - Long Island
OverviewWilliam K. Vanderbilt II, one of the richest men in the world, traveled the globe in the 1920s and 30s, collecting marine, invertebrate and bird specimens, and cultural artifacts for the museum he built on his Long island estate in Centerport. Upon his death in 1944, he left his mansion, estate and museum to Suffolk County, New York, for the use, education and enjoyment of the public.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourSpend a fascinating day at the Eagles Nest estate of William K. Vanderbilt II, heir to one of Americas greatest fortunes. Drive through the elegant iron gates and view the same stunning panorama of Northport Bay and Long Island Sound that delighted Mr. Vanderbilt when he arrived each summer. His mansion and museum, set on 43 rolling acres, will take you back to the celebrated era of the Gold Coast.
See centuries-old paintings and furniture collected during his extensive world travels. Enjoy an intriguing, history-filled guided tour of the Vanderbilt mansions living quarters. Hear tales of the Vanderbilt family and their world-famous guests. Marvel at the collections in the natural-history and cultural-artifact museum galleries. Stroll the gardens and tour the marine museum and animal habitats. The guided tour takes you through the living quarters of the Mansion, which you cannot see without a tour. Guides provide historical information about the house, the Vanderbilt family and its famous guests. On a tour you will see Mr. Vanderbilts considerable collection of fine and decorative art, and antique furnishings, purchased during his travels around the world.
Visit the 147-seat Charles and Helen Reichert Planetarium for a spectacular sky show, astronomy program or Rock n Light show. During the summer, come to the Vanderbilt mansion and planetarium for affordable culture and fun music, dance, Shakespeare and childrens theater.
Inclusions for Vanderbilt Museum Admission Ticket
- Admission ticket to Vanderbilt Museum
- Guided Mansion tour (if option selected)
- Planetarium show (if option selected)
Exclusions for Vanderbilt Museum Admission Ticket
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Planetarium shows are 2pm on Tuesdays and on the hour from 12pm-4pm Saturdays and Sunday
Guided Mansions tours are available on the hour 12pm-4pm
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.