VASARI CORRIDOR VIP - Exclusive Opening - Florence
OverviewThe Vasari Corridor is one of the most enchanting attractions in Florence. It was built by Giorgio Vasari for the Medici family for them to pass from their house to the seat of government. With this tour, witness an exclusive opening and also be intrigued by many more points such as the Palazzo Vecchio, Palazzo Pitti and also see the Uffizi Gallery situated over Ponte Vecchio.
- An original and comprehensive itinerary that meets the most demanding customer expectations
- The tour is conducted every day (except on Monday) only in one language
- Small Group Tour – MAX 15 PAX
Know More about this tour
Following in the footsteps of the “Prince’s Itinerary”, we will walk through the suggestive elevated passageway which connects the Palazzo Vecchio with the Palazzo Pitti, in the Oltrarno district, passing though the Uffizi Gallery and over the Ponte Vecchio: one of the most magnificent example of the 16th century architecture ever built!
It was commissioned on the occasion of the wedding between Francis I and Joan of Austria and built in the record time of only 5 months by Giorgio Vasari, with the idea of giving Florence a precious jewel that would also serve the purpose of giving the ruling family of Florence a safe passage between the seat of government and their home. As the door opens, you will instantly be hit by a deep sense of emotion: the corridor is a royal passageway that runs over the heads of the citizens of Florence, a fantastic imaginary carpet where the grand Duke of Florence could walk without an escort in total safety. This is an amazing discovery, amongst a superb collection of paintings and a row of round windows of the aerial passageway offering breathtaking views over the hills, the Arno river, its bridges, the palaces and churches of the city. In the three main sections of the corridor, we will see 16th and 17th Roman and Neapolitan paintings, and then the magnificent collection of artists’ portraits and self-portraits from Vasari to Italian and foreign artists of the 20th century. A face to face encounter with artists that doesn’t exist in any other museum in the world, a discovery that will print an indelible memory of Florence in your mind forever.
Note: 0-7 years of age not allowed on this tour.
Inclusions for VASARI CORRIDOR VIP - Exclusive Opening
- Caf Tour’s Staff Assistance at the Meeting Point
- Museum entrance ticket with advanced booking fee
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Florence Accademia and Uffizi Gallery Tour
- Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour of Florence
- Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip with Chianti Dinner: Siena and San Gimignano
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast