Vatican And Papal Basilicas Jubilee Tour In Rome
OverviewMark the Papal Jubilee with a special tour of the Vatican and Romes patriarchal basilicas. After a skip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museums, step inside the Sistine Chapel and then behold your first major basilica of the day: St Peters Basilica. In the afternoon, visit the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls, the Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano and the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. See Berninis tomb, the Santa Scala, and learn all about the jubilee and its significance in Rome. Small-group tour limited to 12 people in the morning and 25 in the afternoon.
Know More about this tourYour first call is the Vatican Museums, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the holiest spots in Christendom through the year. Walk past the main entry lines and step straight inside with your skip-the-line ticket. With your guide, youll explore incredible galleries of art including Raphaels Rooms as well as the Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica the first patriarchal basilica visited on your tour.
When your time at the Vatican ends, enjoy a lengthy break (2.5 hours) for lunch and perhaps some independent sightseeing. Later, meet back up with your guide and travel into central Rome by coach. Your afternoons mission is to check off the remaining patriarchal basilicas of Rome.
Head to the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where 5th-century mosaics await. Next is the popes traditional seat at the Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano. Visit the nearby Scala Santa, the white marble steps that are believed to have been climbed by Christ himself, and then continue to the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. Hear how the church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and learn of the Christian legends that surround the peaceful place of worship.
After admiring the basilicas frescoes, mosaics and, of course, Berninis tomb, bid your guide goodbye. Your tour finishes near Rome Termini.
Inclusions for Vatican And Papal Basilicas Jubilee Tour In Rome
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- No Wait Access to the Vatican Museums
- Skip the Line entrance into St. Peters Basilica
- Entrance into the four churches and to the Holy Stairs
- All transfers in an air-conditioned coach bus
- Audio headsets, so you can always hear your guide
Exclusions for Vatican And Papal Basilicas Jubilee Tour In Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transfer between tours
- Food and drinks
Itinerary:Sites Visited Inside
The Sistine Chapel
Gallery of the Tapestries and the Candelabra
Gallery of the Maps
St. Peter's Basilica
St. Paul Outside the Walls (San Paolo fuori le Mura)
The Holy Stairs (La Scala Santa)
St. John Lateran (San Giovanni in Laterano)
St. Mary Major (Santa Maria Maggiore)
Sites Visited Outside
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, there may be delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, avoid bringing large purses, bags or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area, and this may result in you having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
Guests must check in with the local supplier's representative both in the morning and in the afternoon.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
The local supplier is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
Strollers and prams cannot be accommodated on this tour
Entrance into the Vatican Museums and the basilicas requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. The local supplier cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited
The Vatican Museums are among the most highly trafficked sites in the world. With over 6 million visitors in 2014 and numbers rising year-on-year, the museums give rise to a whole new meaning of the word crowded. The route taken on this tour is designed to minimize exposure to crowds as much as possible, but be aware that the museums are very busy by nature
All four basilicas are subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies during the Papal Jubilee. Furthermore, access through the holy doors is not possible, as the site is expected to be busy
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome