Vatican Express - Rome
Overview- Sites visited: Vatican Museums, Courtyard of the pine cone, Galleries of Candelabras, Tapestries and Geographical Maps, Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter's Basilica and square, Pietà of Michelangelo - Duration: 2,5 hours - Meeting time: monday, tuesday, thursday, friday and saturday at 7:30 - Dress code: below knees, shoulders covered - Included: radios and earpieces for 6 pax or more - Not included: ticket fees, food and beverages and taxi transfer
Know More about this tourWIth an access one hour before the regular entrance and an itinerary focused on the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peterss Basilica, this tour is meant to give you a general overview of the place leaving the rest of the day free to keep enjoying the eternal city! The privilege of visiting the empty galleries and getting to the Sistine Chapel to enjoy Michelangelo's painting in an almost private experience gives you the chance to end the tour when people are still having breakfast! Last but not least, we use a straight access to the Basilica by taking an exit from the chapel limited to the guided groups, we enter at a time when the magnificence of the church will be even more evident and the silence will contribute to the magic atmosphere!
Our adventure starts with the wonders of the Vatican Museums in the Vatican City State, the smallest country of the world, an independent entity from Italy since 1929. Entering the threshold of the museums will mean for you to cross the border and leave Italy.
With this tour you experience the most relevant part of the State, some of the 8 sections composing the Vatican Museums, one of the five most visited museums of the world with 6 millions of tourists every year, unique for the density of masterpieces, a chance to breath the genius of Michelangelo, Perugino and Botticelli, the most influential and representative artists of the Italian renaissance.
An itinerary focused on the Sistine Chapel passing through courtyards, galleries like the one of the tapestries and the geographical maps, and including the private apartment of the Pope Julius II painted by the talented Raphael.
After having enjoyed all these gems you'll be finally prepared to the overwhelming vision of the Sistine Chapel where the Michelangelo spent 4 years for the painting of the ceiling with Genesis and Creation and 5 years for the altar wall with the Last Judgement. A chance to meet not only the artist through his creations but the man and his conflict, tensions and pain. A genius collaborating with 13 Popes in 76 years of carrier!
Once outside, through an exclusive access, we enter the Basilica of Saint Peter to explore the main highlights together and as the tour ends you are more than invited to keep admiring the wonders of the church and get lost into its meanders!
Inclusions for Vatican Express
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly for a group of at least 5 pax
- Local guide
- Professional guide art historian or archaeologist
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Vatican Express
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A current valid ID is required on the day of the tour only for student under 26 with a student card or under 18
There could be possible changes in the itiinerary of the tour due to the regular religious activity of Saint Peter's Basilica
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour
- Skip The Line- Vatican Museums with St Peter's, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade
- Day Excursion from Rome: Assisi and Orvieto with a Theologist Private Tour
- Shopping Tour Castel Romano Designer Outlet
- Pompeii and Naples - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour