Vatican Gardens And Vatican Museums Tour - Rome
OverviewEnjoy a tour of the serene Vatican Gardens followed by a Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica tour; its an exciting combination of Vatican sightseeing experiences! This half-day Vatican tour includes 1.5 hours inside the elegant gardens, seeing highlights like Our Lady of Lourdes grotto. After admiring the grounds, head inside the Vatican Museums and prepare to be wowed by the likes of the Gallery of Maps and Sistine Chapel home to Michelangelos The Last Judgement fresco.Numbers are limited to 16 people on this unique Vatican tour, to ensure better personal service and the opportunity to see the very best of the Vatican.
- Excellent value for money
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Skip the line
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Vatican City, and head inside the Vatican Gardens for your walking tour. A tranquil haven for the Vatican popes since the Middle Ages, the Vatican Gardens cover an impressive 57 acres (23 hectares) with meandering pathways, grottoes and fountains as well as a gorgeous Italian garden, bedecked with colorful flowers.
Stroll around with your guide, admiring highlights like the Our Lady of Lourdes grotto a favorite prayer spot of Pope Francis and his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI while learning about the gardens history. Dating back to the 13th century, the site started as a simple fruit orchard but was extended to a more lavish standard by subsequent papal generations.
After spending roughly 1.5 hours inside the gardens, head inside the Vatican Museums. Marvel at the Bramante Staircase a sloping spiral structure carved from stone by Renaissance architect Donato Bramante and then wander around rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries.
Hear tales of Renaissance artists favored by the Vatican like Raphael, and admire incredible Flemish tapestries that were designed by his pupils. Step inside the Gallery of Maps, and gaze in wonder at detailed fresco maps of 16th-century Italy.
Continue to the Sistine Chapel, the popes private place of worship, to see some of the most influential works of art in the Western world. Panel paintings by the likes of Botticelli and Perugino are incredible but pale in comparison to Michelangelos attention-grabbing twosome: the Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement.
Finish your tour with a walk around St Peters Basilica, the Vaticans magnificent domed church. After marveling at Michelangelos La Piet and a memorial to Pope John Paul, bid your guide goodbye and exit into St Peters Square.
Inclusions for Vatican Gardens And Vatican Museums Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee
- Walking tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Exclusions for Vatican Gardens And Vatican Museums Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Pre-booking this tour enables you to skip the long lines, which can take up to two hours, to enter the Vatican Museums. All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point; expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
It is forbidden to pick the flowers or plants inside the gardens
In case of unexpected closing of the gardens by Vatican security, the tour will just visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome