Vatican Museum And Sistine Chapel Skip The Line! - Rome
OverviewIn the heart of the Vatican: Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Choice of morning or afternoon visit
- Skip the line
- After your entrance you can stay as long as you want
Know More about this tour
The Vatican Museums are considered among the most important museums in the world, and visiting them is essential for anyone who comes to Rome. Here the Popes have, over time, collected and preserved some of the greatest masterpieces of all time and the most precious artefacts of the past. First and foremost, they made the art collections from their buildings available to the public.
The world’s first public museum, it was commissioned by Pope Sixtus IV (1471-1484) who decided to donate his collection of classical sculptures to the Roman people and to open the very first museum in the Capitoline building. Implementing a project of Nicholas V (1447-1455), he also founded the Vatican Library – the second public library in Europe after the St. Marco Library in Florence. Following in these footsteps, his nephew, Julius II (1503-1513), donated his own ancient marble sculptures to the Holy See to be exhibited in the garden of statues – today, the Octagonal Courtyard - the site of the future pontifical museums and galleries.
Buy your tickets online and skip the line!
Every day except Sundays and holidays listed on the Vatican Museum calendar.
The Museums close at 6 pm. N.B. exit from rooms half an hour before closing time. Choose your timeslot for entrance. After your entrance you can stay as long as you want!
Viale Vaticano, 00165
Inclusions for Vatican Museum And Sistine Chapel Skip The Line!
- Skip the line tickets
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Vatican Museum And Sistine Chapel Skip The Line!
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome