Vatican Museums And Sistine Chapel Private Tour - Rome
OverviewIn this fantastic tour you will enjoy the highlights of the museum, and of course the remarkable Sistine Chapel in its entirety with your private Tour Guide.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourIn this fantastic tour you will enjoy the highlights of the museum, and of course the remarkable Sistine Chapel in its entirety.
This is also where the bones of Saint Peter (considered by many to be the first pope) remain, housed in St. Peter's Basilica, a place packed to the teeth with internationally-recognized brilliant pieces of art. And if you just can't get your fill of the truck-loads of art these two buildings offer, the Vatican Museums should well and truly satisfy your desires. Or you might head over to St. Peter's Square, a piazza designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini in the 17th century, and another of Holy See's profound masterpieces.
The Vatican Museums are some of the most important museums in the world. The Vatican has a superb gallery, excellent Roman and Etruscan collections, and plenty more. Be sure not to miss theapartments that were decorated by Raphael. There is too much to see if you plan on going to the museums for one day. If you go for just one day, you just have time for the highlights. The highlight of the visit to the museums is the The Sistine Chapel known for Michelangelo's two most famous masterpieces: the ceiling, depicting numerous scenes from the Old Testament - such as the moment of Creation - together with various sybils and prophets; and the Last Judgement, occupying the entire wall behind the altar. But while you're there, don't forget to look at the other frescoes, by Botticelli, Ghirlandaio and others. The Sistine Chapel is also the meeting place of the conclave, which elects each new Pope.
Inclusions for Vatican Museums And Sistine Chapel Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Vatican Museums And Sistine Chapel Private Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:What will you see during this tour?
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Gallery of the Muses
- The Roundroom
- The Greek Cross room
- The Raphael Rooms
- Tapestry Gallery
- Gallery of the Maps
- Full story of the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo
- Direct Access to St. Peter Basilica
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Not wheelchair accessible
SKIP THE LINE policy: Please be aware that entering the Vatican Museums means leaving Rome and going to a different State. During high seasons the Vatican welcomes more than 30.000 visitors per day! "Skipping the lines" means that we pay an additional reservation fee on top of the ticket price and prebook a privileged entrance for our groups; we always enter before the non-reservation line. We do not have any control of how the Vatican is organised therefore it is out of our hands if there is an unexpected wait.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant
- Best of Rome Walking Tour and Master of Pizza Class
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome