Vatican Museums Guided Rival Genius Tour: Leonardo Vs Michelangelo - Rome
OverviewAvoid the long queues and save precious holiday time with skip-the-line Vatican Museum tickets. An official guide will take you around the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilicagiving you all the informationabout these magnificent sites. See the breath taking halls of the Vatican Museums with thousands of art and sculpture masterpieces by artists like Raphael and Giotto. In addition you are offered the chance to combinethis classic tour featuring Michelangelo and Raffaello with a easy-to-visit and spectacular exhibition showing off the brilliant genius of Leonardo da Vinci. Please note that the Leonardo da Vinci exhibition is not a guided tour.
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Skip the line
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Experience the famous Sistine Chapel with its fresco of "The Last Judgement" by Michelangelo. Discover the mystery behind the controversial painting of "The Last Supper" at the center of Dan Brown's novel, "The Da Vinci Code".
Michelangelo Buonarroti lived from 1475-1564 (age 89) - sculptor, artist, architect, and apoet. Leonardo da Vinci lived from 1452-1519 (age 67) -artist, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, sculptor, architect, botanist, musician, and a writer.
Michelangelo's most famous works include "David" (Florence), "Moses" (Rome), "La Piet" (Vatican), the dome of St. Peter's Basilica, frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, "The Last Judgement" and the "Creation of Adam" (Vatican). Leonardo's most famous works include the "Mona Lisa" (Paris), "The Last Supper" (Milan), "Vitruvian Man", projects for the helicopter, armored tank,bicycle, parachute, robot,telephone, and an unsupported extension bridge.
Did you know that Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo were bitter rivals and often clashed in public?Some gossip ... Leonardo, who was older than Michelangelo, convinced thepowerful Medici Family in Florence to place young Michelangelo's now famous statue of David in a remote corner ofthe Loggia della Signoria.
Now for the first time, this tour gives youthe magnificent opportunity to see, compare, and decide which of the two geniuses is the best.
Inclusions for Vatican Museums Guided Rival Genius Tour: Leonardo Vs Michelangelo
- Entrance fees
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Official guide for the Vatican Museums
- Audio-guide in English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese
Exclusions for Vatican Museums Guided Rival Genius Tour: Leonardo Vs Michelangelo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Photography is allowed inside the Leonardo da Vinci Experience and the Vatican Museums excluding the Sistine Chapel
Vatican museums are closed on Sundays and Vatican religious holidays 15-16 August / 01 November / 08-25-26 December
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour