VATICAN MUSEUMS & ST PETER'S WITH PICK-UP - Rome
OverviewThis tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo's "Pietà" and "Last Judgment, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican, continuously enriched it with different art works but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime 'Last Judgment" by Michelangelo, are surely the real attraction.
Know More about this tourIn this exclusive tour at the Vatican museums, you will enjoy a complimentary pick-up service from your accommodation with one of our professional english speaking drivers. You will be taken to the usually packed museum entrance where you will meet the tour guide and with your "skip the line" entry tickets, you will skip the huge entry line and access directly the metal detector security check.
The tour will begin in a gorgeous panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of Saint Peter's dome overlooking the Vatican gardens; the perfect spot to take a great picture! The guide will then walk you through all the highlights of the museums which include masterpieces and artefacts from different cultures and civilizations. You will enter the Pio Clementine museum, famous for its unique Greek/Roman ancient statues such as the Laocoon group, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world. All of this in a small and intimate group of maximum 10 people since we don't want to make our clients feel uncomfortable in big groups.
After visiting the Sistine Chapel, through a special door available only if accompanied by your tour guide, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: Saint Peter's Basilica. This is where Michaelangelo's sculpture "Pieta" is kept and the tombs of the popes including St. John Paul II's and St. Peter the Apostle.
The tour ends in St. Peter's square, where you will admire Bernini's colonnade and the stunning façade of the basilica.
At last, for those interested in purchasing religious articles or official Vatican products, the tour guide will take you to the official Vatican gift shop and eventually show you the nearest taxi station or subway.
Inclusions for VATICAN MUSEUMS & ST PETER'S WITH PICK-UP
- One-way shared transfer
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for VATICAN MUSEUMS & ST PETER'S WITH PICK-UP
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome