Veliko Tarnovo Walking TourWrite a Review
From USD 77.82
OverviewThe old city is situated on three hills, Tsarevets, Trapezitsa and Sveta Gora raising amidst the meanders of the Yantra. Tsarevets housed the palaces of the Bulgarian Emperors and the Patriarchate, as well as a number of administrative and residential edifices surrounded by thick walls. Trapezitsa was known for its many churches and as the main residence of the nobility. In the Middle Ages it was among the main European centres of culture and gave its name to the Tarnovo Artistic School of architecture, painting and literature.
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourYou will discover the following sights in your walking tour:
Architectural reserve “Tsarevets”: Tarnovo was the capital of the Medieval Bulgarian kingdom from the end of XII to the XIV c. The Sound and Light Show is a unique attraction in Europe.
Sarafkina’s House:The house was built in 1861. It was a property of the wealthy merchant Dimo Sarafina. But he died before its finishing.
Samovodska charshia: The Samovodska charshia is the old market in the old capital of Bulgaria – Veliko Tarnovo. Perfect place for souvenirs and a stroll in the cobbled streets.
Asenevtsi Monument: The Asenevtsi monument is dedicated to the brothers Asen, Petar, Kaloyan and Ivan Asen II. It was built in 1985 to celebrate the 800th anniversary of the uprising of Asen and Petar.
Museum of Contemporary History: The main idea is to show Veliko Tarnovo as a symbol of the succession of the Bulgarian state system in the first decades after the Liberation.
The house with the Monkey: It was built in 1849 by Kolyo Ficheto for the merchant Nikola Koyuv. A profiled column on the house’s façade depicts a sitting monkey with a slate. This image has lent the building its exotic name.
Inclusions for Veliko Tarnovo Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- All entrance fees
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Veliko Tarnovo Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.