Venetian Ships Pavilion And The Castello District - Venice
OverviewDiscover this unique area of Venice and escape the crowds on this small group walking tour visiting the area of Castello and the inside of the historical Venetian Ships Pavilion part of the Arsenale. The Pavilion was built in the mid 16th century as an oars workshop and storage facility supported by a blacksmith workshop and houses vessels of great historical importance. Experience the magic of the real Venice as you wander through its back streets (Calle) and through hidden squares (Campi). On this essential off the beaten track walking tour discover the fascinating history of the Serenissima and what its like living in this unique city.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in central Venice,in front of the equestrian monument of Vittorio Emanuele II, which is just a short walk along the water front not too far from Saint Mark's Square.
Wanderthrough the labyrinth of alleyways with your guide into the heart of the Castello neighborhood, the largest residential area in Venice. Pass through Campo Della Bragora, now Bandiera e Moro and then through Calle Della Morte (Street of Death), as you hearabout the people sentenced to death here by the Venetian Council of 10. Arrive at the School of San Giorgio Degli Schiavoni, which holds a painting by the famous artist 'Carpaccio.'
Continue to San Francesco Della Vigna, the church dedicated to San Francesco Di Assisi. Crossing the Ponte Del Cristo you arrive at the Celestia, which is on the eastern side of the city overlooking Saint Michele's cemetery and the Island of Murano, where they make glass. Following that there will be a specially-constructed walkway which goes around the outer wall of the Arsenale (the house of industry). Today this is a military area and not open to the public. It was once known as the most important ship building yard in Europe.
Makeyour way toward the magnificent entrance of the Arsenale, passing traditional maritime houses of famous captains and merchants from the Venetian Navy.Arrive at the Ships Pavilionand skip the line with your guide. Inside, see many historical Venetian boats, including the Bucintoro, the Disdotto, the funeral Gondola ofVenetian Doges, and also several war ships. The exhibits giveyou a real feel of the maritime history of the city.
The tour concludes at the Ships Pavilion.
Inclusions for Venetian Ships Pavilion And The Castello District
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Venetian Ships Pavilion And The Castello District
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.