Make your own way to one of Venices internationally acclaimed restaurants, just a short walk from St Marks Square or San Marco water bus stop. Take a seat at your private table, sip on your aperitif, and then sit back and relax as your evening of classic Veneto food and wine commences.
After ordering your food, chat with your sommelier about wine in the region and select four different glasses of wine to complement the flavors of each course. The Alps shelter Veneto from northern Europes extreme climate, creating near-perfect conditions for growing the grapes that yield the region's legendary crisp whites and smooth reds.
Like the menu, the wine featured at the restaurant often varies, but the options available to you will always include some esteemed Veneto varietals. Linger over full-bodied reds such as cecchetto cabernet sauvignon, sip a light and fragrant Valdobbiadene white, or treat yourself to a glass of Prosecco Superiore.
After your meal finishes, enjoy a coffee. If you wish, stay in the restaurant bar to enjoy more Veneto wine at your own expense. The full 4-course meal typically lasts around 2.5 hours.
First course (choice of one):
- Venetian-style sardines and shrimps with onions
- Veal carpaccio with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and spices
- Thin noodles with shrimps and zucchini
- Bigoli with duck and a rich sauce
- Fillet of seabass with fresh basil, julienne of pan-fried leeks and pine nuts
- Sliced beef entrecte with grilled vegetables
- Nougat semifreddo (semi-frozen mousse) with wine sauce
- Soft, lemon ice cream with wild berry compote