Venice Day Trip From Milan
OverviewVisit the breathtaking city of Venice on an action-packed day trip from Milan, and see the city’s top sights with a local guide! On a walking tour, discover must-see Venetian landmarks such as St Mark’s Basilica, Doge’s Palace and Rialto Bridge, while learning about their history. After wandering through St Mark’s Square and alongside the Grand Canal, visit a prestigious glass-making workshop to see a demonstration by a local craftsperson. Before returning to Milan, enjoy a 30-minute gondola ride at your own expense or simply enjoy some free time.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourMeet your host in central Milan, and then leave the city by air-conditioned coach. Relax on the journey east and, after roughly 2.5 hours on the road, arrive in Venice. Hop out of your coach to meet your local guide, and then set off on your 2-hour walking tour. Stroll along Riva degli Schiavoni, the citys paved promenade, and then pass the Bridge of Sighs that connects a prison to Doges Palace. Hear tales of the doges who once ruled Venice from the imposing building as you amble into St Marks Square.
Following your guide, weave around the throngs of street musicians, visitors, locals and pigeons who converge on the square, and stop for photos in front of its many monuments. Strike a pose by St Marks Basilica with its beautiful Byzantine faade, and gaze up at its bell tower with its distinctive green-and-gold peak. See Libreria Sansoviniana (the city library) and the clock tower, and then wander across to Rialto Bridge. Continue alongside the Grand Canal, and admire the elegant architecture of the grand mansions that line its banks.
In addition to Venices big-name sights, your walking tour also takes in some city gems that many visitors miss. Discover the calli, a labyrinthine web of narrow Venetian streets and canals, and learn about life in the city as a local.
After a break for lunch (own expense), visit a glass-making workshop near St Marks Square to see a skilled craftsperson creating glass vases. Browse the wares in the onsite shop after watching the demonstration and perhaps shop for well-crafted souvenirs to take home.
Last, but not least, why not finish your day in Venice with an optional 30-minute gondola ride around the Venetian lagoon? The ride by flat-bottomed gondola is considered a must-do Venice experience, and takes in several atmospheric side canals as well as a stretch of the Grand Canal. Alternatively, use the time to wander around the Venice streets at leisure.
Return to your coach at the prearranged time, and travel back to the start point in Milan where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Venice Day Trip From Milan
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Venice Day Trip From Milan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gondola ride (optional, approx. between EUR 25 to EUR 80, according to the type of gondola ride)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: this tour does not include any gondola ride
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Food and Wine Tasting enjoying the New Milan
- Crypt of Leonardo and San Sepolcro Church
- Skip the Line Ticket to The Last Supper
- Food and Wine tour on Como Lake
- Private Lake Como Cooking Class from Milan
- Luxury Food tour : Milan and its delicatessen
- Leonardo da Vinci's Codex Atlanticus Admission in Milan
- Half-day Italian Cooking Class and Skip-the-line The Last Supper in Milan