Venice Food Tour: Cicchetti And Wine
OverviewDiscover the locals favorite cicchetti bars in Venice, enjoying the citys famous tapas-style dishes with an expert guide! The exciting 2.5-hour food tour includes visits to five atmospheric wine bars, a walk around Rialto Market and a short Traghetti (Traghetto) ride. Choose from a morning or evening tour and sample plates of the Venetian snacks known as cicchetti in each bar. Try local specialties like marinated seafood with polenta, and sample regional wine and prosecco.Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near Campo de la Maddalena, a small Venetian square thats remained almost unchanged since medieval times. Admire the houses with pretty chimneys that throng the square, and then start your walking tour with a visit to a historical bar formerly an old charcoal store that specializes in cicchetti.
Different to the typical pasta and pizza cuisine that so many associate with Italian food, true Venetian gastronomy takes its influences from the coast and the plains that surround the city. The carb of choice is polenta yellow cornmeal served grilled or wet and seafood is an almost permanent fixture in many meals.
Chat with your guide about Venice and its food while snacking on small plates of juicy plump olives and marinated seafood served on wedges of creamy polenta. Then, continue your stroll to Strada Nuova, a busy street in the neighborhood of Cannaregio, to visit an 18th-century bar famous for its plates of polpette (spicy fried meatballs). Sample some of its popular varieties, and then hop aboard a Traghetti (Traghetto) for a quick ride along the canals.
Cross the Grand Canal, Venices major water-traffic corridor, and cruise into the Rialto area, stopping at Rialto Market for a glimpse of local life. Many Venetians buy their produce here, and the markets bustling stalls are filled with fresh seafood, as well as vegetables and fruit.
Browse the wares, and then stroll to a bar in the center of Venice for more wine and cicchetti, sampling regional wines and sparkling prosecco. Continue to a couple of nearby bars to try their specialties, and then finish your tour on the steps of Rialto Bridge an iconic Venice attraction.
Inclusions for Venice Food Tour: Cicchetti And Wine
- Food tasting
- 4 glasses of wine
- Local guide
- Ride across the canal
Exclusions for Venice Food Tour: Cicchetti And Wine
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Power and Glory in Venetian Art: Titian and Tintoretto
- Romantic Dinner in an Exclusive Ducale Villa of the 18th Century on the Riviera del Brenta from Venice
- Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Ticket and Tour
- Venice Tour Including Gondola Ride
- Private Arrival Transfer: Venice Train or Bus Stations to Venice Hotels
- Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour