Venice by night is steeped in mystery and the ghosts of the past! This 1.5-hour evening ghost walking tour takes you on a journey to the cityâÂÂs hidden corners, with a ghost-expert guide who recounts six spooky ghost stories and other legends as you walk. Recoil at gruesome facts about Biasio, the child-killing butcher of Venice; see the beautiful and reputedly haunted Bovolo staircase; and hear strange and sinister tales about the Venice of old as you explore the shadowy squares and empty streets. Not for the faint-hearted!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
Know More about this tourMeet your ghost-expert guide near the Rialto Bridge and set off on your 1.5-hour walking tour to discover Veniceâs haunted corners.
As darkness descends and the crowds of the day disappear, you will feel as if you have Venice to yourself, with only the sounds of lapping water and your groupâs echoing footsteps to accompany you.
Step down narrow passageways, trace silent canals and roam empty squares as your guide recounts six intriguing ghost stories and legends. Hear about the apparitions that stalk the cityâs medieval palaces, listen to tales of strange sea creatures and shiver at the story of Veniceâs 15th-century butcher, Biasio, who murdered children and added their limbs to his tasty stews.
Walk over flagstones that hide ancient underground cemeteries and delve down sidestreets to stumble across architectural follies such as the Fortuny Palace and Bovolo Staircase, an ornate stone spiral staircase. Hear ghostly tales about the staircase and how it enabled a medieval nobleman to climb to his living quarters on horseback.
Delve into one of the cityâs last secret passages (access subject to water levels) and, as you walk, hear dark tales of the lover who used the alley to visit his married lover under cover of night.
Then, feel your blood run cold in the Calle dei Assassini, a shadowy street once frequented by killers and criminals, as your guide recounts the brutal murders that took place here.
After around 1.5 hours, make your way back to the Rialto Bridge, where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Venice Ghost Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Venice Ghost Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Please make sure to check your email prior departure.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.