Venice Independent Day Trip From Rome By High-Speed Train
OverviewDiscover the enchanting ‘City of Love’ on this independent day trip to Venice from Rome. Travel out of the capital on a high-speed train and enjoy your time in Venice at your own pace. Wander through the maze-like web of cobblestone alleys, squares and bridges, and soak up the city’s romantic charms, before making use of your skip-the-line ticket to head inside the famed St Mark’s Basilica. With your included 'vaporetto' (water bus) ticket, travel through Venice quickly and easily to make the most of your trip.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Round-trip train fares
Know More about this tourMeet your host in central Rome to receive your round-trip train ticket, vaporetto pass and skip-the-line ticket to St Marks Basilica, then head together to the train station to board your high-speed train to Venice. Bid your host farewell and sit back and relax as you enjoy your scenic ride out of the city, arriving in Venice approximately 3.5 hours later.
On arrival in Venice, be greeted by another tour host who will help you find your way from to the Venetian lagoon and arm you with complimentary maps and suggested itineraries, before leaving you to explore Venice independently.
Wander through the labyrinthine web of Venetian calli (narrow streets), campo (squares), canals and bridges. Perhaps stroll along the waterfront promenade of Riva degli Schiavoni, passing many restaurants and shops, as well as the famous Bridge of Sighs that connects the Gothic Doges Palace one of Venices premier attractions to Prigioni Nuove (New Prison).
Soak up the hustle and bustle of St Mark's Square and make use of your skip-the-line ticket for St Marks Basilica. Bypass the long queue and head directly inside the famed cathedral. Marvel at the marble floors and admire the gilded mosaics that cover the walls and ceilings.
If you want to get a taste of local life, head to San Polo. Wander amid the homes that also operate as shops and maybe sample traditional Venetian delicacies (own expense) such as cicheti (small tapas-like dish) in one of the many bcaro (snack bars).
With your 12-hour vaporetto pass, travel quickly and easily around the city or enjoy a cruise along the Grand Canal allowing you to make the most of your time in the beautiful City of Love.
At the prearranged time, make your way to Venices Santa Lucia Station to meet your host and board your return train back to Rome. Your independent day trip then finishes at Romes Termini Station in the late evening.
Inclusions for Venice Independent Day Trip From Rome By High-Speed Train
- High-speed train round-trip from Rome
- Skip-the-line ticket to St Mark's Basilica
- Vaporetto pass valid for 12 hours
- Tour Escort for the all duration of the journey
Exclusions for Venice Independent Day Trip From Rome By High-Speed Train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour
- Night in Rome on a Vespa
- Rome Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant