Venice Italy From Salzburg 2-Day Transfer Tour
OverviewEmbark on an unforgettable Alpine journey with this 2-day tour from Salzburg to Venice via the Grossglockner, Austrias highest mountain and the world heritage region of the Dolomite Mountains. The driver of your private transfer tour will also be your guide. Transportation will be in either a VW minivan or a BMW-X1 (on request).
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tour
The tour from Salzburg to Venice will go via very scenic Alpine Roads to Cortina d'Ampezzo and further on to Venice. Let your mind drift to some of the most beautiful, natural features of Austria and Italy. Explore two of the Unesco World Heritage Sites in Italy, the Dolomites and Venice.
Heading south out of Salzburg, your journey to the World Heritage Site Venice begins with a drive along the Salzach River Valley to Zell am See, a typical Austrian mountain village, located right in the middle of the national park Hohe Tauern. In Zell am See is the beginning of the Grossglockner Alpine Road, one of the most scenic mountain roads in Central Europe. The highest mountain of Austria, the Grossglockner is also one of the countrys most beautiful sites.
You will be impressed by the outstanding mountain scenery of the "Hohe Tauern" mountain range. At the end of the road there is a kind of a tourist center. You will have 2 hours to explore the National Park Museum and the Swarovski Tower, and also to have lunch at the mountain restaurant.
Now you will continue via the famous Austrian mountain village Heiligenblut. After a short stop your journey will take you on a drive through the Dolomites Mountain Range to the end stop for that day, the world cup ski village Cortina d'Ampezzo. Good hotels in Cortina and surroundings are: Hotel Cristallo, Rosapetra Spa Resort, Rosa Alpina in San Cassiano, and Alta Badia.
After having breakfast and visiting the old town of Cortina, your journey continues to the highlight of the tour, the World Heritage Site Venice. You will arrive at the boat dock at 3pm. Get your private motor taxi directly to your Venice hotel without any walking or carrying of luggage. No one forgets their first glimpse of Venice. This World Heritage Site is a city of stately marble palazzi sitting pretty atop a dazzling green lagoon. Whatever you do, make time for a stroll to San Marco Plaza and enjoy the very special flair of Venice, preferably at sunset. Venice has luxury hotels like the Danieli, where all the stars stay, and also many 4-star hotels. Whatever hotel you choose, take care that it is close to San Marco Plaza.
Venice has an international airport, so whatever your next destination is, it will be no problem at all to get there from the Marco Polo Airport of Venice. Close destinations are also Verona, Como at the Como Lake, Pisa, Tuscany, and Lake Garda.
Inclusions for Venice Italy From Salzburg 2-Day Transfer Tour
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by luxury VW air-conditioned minivan, or on request an air-conditioned BMW-X1
Exclusions for Venice Italy From Salzburg 2-Day Transfer Tour
- Food and drinks
- Private motor boat in Venice: EUR 150
- Hotel in Cortina d'Ampezzo and Venice
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Tour ends at Venice Marco Polo Airport, at the docks for the private motor boats
Taking the tour the other way, the tour ends at your Salzburg hotel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wifi everywhere in Salzburg
- Concert and Dinner at Stiegls Brewery Restaurant
- Salzburg Vintage Photo Tour With a Polaroid Camera
- The Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg With Lunch or Dinner
- Canyoning Adventure in the Salzkammergut from Salzburg
- Salzburg Marionette Theater Presents The Sound of Music
- Private Eagle's Nest and King's Lake Tour from Salzburg
- Private Eagles Nest and Salt Mines Tour from Salzburg