Venice Small Group Walking Tour With St Mark'sWrite a Review
Experience the highlights of Venice on this wonderful walking tour with a small group (maximum 6 people) and skip the line to St Mark’s Basilica. Together with your professional and knowledgeable guide we will walk around the city of water and listen to amusing anecdotes and historical legends about this wonderful city. Did you know that the internal light of St Mark’s Basilica is only on for one hour each day? We enter by skipping the line and match our visit with the time of the interior lights to enjoy the magnificent golden interior.
- Walk around Venice with a local and professional guide
- Skip the line and visit St Mark's Basilica
- Enjoy the view from the top of the Rialto Bridge
- Learn the captivating history of Venice
Know More about this tour
The tour begins at Campo San Giacometto, a cute little square right in the center of Venice, where you will meet your guide by the church of San Giacomo di Rialto. The church is from the 5th century AD and located next to the local market. Get to browse through the daily life of Venice and experience locals purchasing vegetables, meat and fish. Take it all in as we prepare for an exciting walk through Venice.
We walk over bridges while gondolas are passing by us and local Italians enjoy a coup of coffee. Experience some of the 118 Venetian islands that make up the city of Venice and explore the picturesque bridges and narrow allies with a local guide who knows the area and can show you the best parts Venice has to offer. All of a sudden we will find ourselves by the Rialto Bridge where your guide will tell you more about this infamous structure. Learn about the origin of its shape and design and why not take the opportunity and snap a photo with the wonderful view over the Grand Canal in the background.
Your expert guide will wave you through small streets and alleys and stop and talk about the highlights we pass and to admire churches and hidden piazzas. Until we finally reach the grand and spacious St Mark’s square and the beautiful Basilica. We enter the church by skipping the line and arrive inside by the time the interior light is on, which only occurs for one hour each day. Prepare yourself for an awe-inspiring tour of the church and an exceptional golden wall decoration that will blow you away. With the lights on, the mosaics made to impress church visitors for centuries, can be studied literally in a new light. Your expert guide will tell you all about the origins of the Basilica and the important part it has played in the history of Venice.
A walking tour in Venice with a small group of maximum 6 people is the most comfortable and stress free way to see Venice. Together with one of our professional guides the tour will be packed with fun facts and amusing insight, everything to make this walk enjoyable and interesting.
Inclusions for Venice Small Group Walking Tour With St Mark's
- Entry tickets and Reservation fees
- Friendly and professional guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.