Veracruz Combo Tour: La Antigua, Cempoala And Quiahuiztlan Ruins
OverviewCombine visits to three historical Mexican sites in one day with this day trip from Veracruz. With a local guide, youll travel to the ruins of Quiahuiztlan and Cempoala, followed by a stop in the small town of La Antigua, the first Spanish settlement in Mexico. See ancient temples, admire views of the Gulf of Mexico, and visit attractions such as the first Catholic church in the Americas. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
Know More about this tourYour day trip from Veracruz begins with hotel pickup by minivan for the approximate 45-mile (75-km) drive up the coast to Quiahuiztlan.
When you arrive, walk around the archaeological ruins, set on a hill with beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico. During its time as part of the Tlaxcala confederation, the site was home to Totanac temples, plazas and a ballcourt. See what remains and learn about their significance from your guide.
Back in your minivan, head south about 20 miles (30 km) to the archaeological site of Cempoala. Admire its ruins, including the Templo del Dios del Viento y la Cruz (God of Winds Temple and the Cross), Templo Mayor (Major Temple), Templo de las Chimeneas (Temple of the Chimneys) and Circulo de los Gladiadores (Circle of the Gladiators).
From your guide, hear about Cempoala's Mesoamerican history from its time as the capital of the Totanac Empire to its invasion by the Aztecs and learn about the source of its name, which means twenty waters. Then re-board your minivan for the drive to your final stop, La Antigua, about 20 minutes south.
When you arrive in La Antigua, the first town the Spanish settled in Mexico, enjoy lunch (own expense) at Las Delicias del Mar, a local eatery. Then wander the small, tree-filled town with your guide, checking out its main attractions like La Casa del Cabildo (one of the oldest Spanish buildings still standing in Mexico); Ermita del Rosario (the first Catholic church in the Americas); and the 16th-century house of Spanish conqueror Hernn Corts, who led the invasion of the Aztec Empire.
Your tour ends with a final drive back to your Veracruz hotel.
Inclusions for Veracruz Combo Tour: La Antigua, Cempoala And Quiahuiztlan Ruins
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
Exclusions for Veracruz Combo Tour: La Antigua, Cempoala And Quiahuiztlan Ruins
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Diving and Reefs in Veracruz
- What you should visit in Veracruz
- Live a Kayak Experience
- Adrenaline and Fun Aquatic park
- Chachalacas beach and sand dunes
- Sandboarding and Snorkel in Chachalacas Beach
- Catemaco and Los Tuxtlas Natural Adventure Day Trip
- Cordoba and Orizaba High Mountains Route Day Trip from Veracruz