From USD 82.79
OverviewCombine city sightseeing with Mexican history on this 5-hour tour of Veracruz and its surrounding attractions. Visit the small town of La Antigua, an early site of the Spanish conquest, and San Juan de Ula, one of the oldest fortresses in the Americas, for interesting facts about Mexican history. Afterward, see the top sights of Veracruz including the 'zocalo' (aka plaza) and the Municipal Palace and neighboring Boca del Ro on a city sightseeing tour.
Know More about this tourYour Veracruz combo tour begins with pickup from your hotel, followed by the drive to La Antigua, about 20 miles (30 km) up the coast.
With your guide, tour the small, tree-lined town, learning about its history as the first Spanish settlement in Mexico. See its main attractions such as La Casa del Cabildo (one of the oldest Spanish structures still standing in Mexico), the first Catholic church in the Americas, and the house of the 16th-century Spanish conqueror Hernn Corts.
Back in your minivan, return to Veracruz to visit San Juan de Ula, a fortress that dates back to 1565. Situated along a peninsula jutting into the Gulf of Mexico, the complex once served as a prison and then a presidential residence. Today, it's a museum where you can learn about its role in several major events in Mexicos history.
After your tour of San Juan de Ula, return once more to your minivan to start your sightseeing tour of Veracruz. Youll have a break to get lunch (own expense) and then start the panoramic city tour which covers Veracruzs top landmarks, including the Old Customs Building, Postal and Telegraph buildings, the Santiago Bulwark (defense wall) and the train station.
You'll also visit the beautiful Zocalo, Veracruzs main plaza, home to the Municipal Palace and the citys 18th-century cathedral. From there, take a walk on the malecn to enjoy views of the Gulf of Mexico, and enjoy a drive through the neighboring port city Boca del Ro to see its upscale hotels.
Youll be dropped off at your hotel at the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Veracruz Combo Tour: La Antigua, San Juan De Ulúa And Veracruz City Sightseeing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- San Juan de Ulúa admission
Exclusions for Veracruz Combo Tour: La Antigua, San Juan De Ulúa And Veracruz City Sightseeing
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There will be a lunch break
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Veracruz Combo Tour: La Antigua, Cempoala And Quiahuiztlan Ruins
- El Tajín Ruins And Papantla Day Trip From Veracruz
- Whitewater Rafting Adventure From Veracruz
- Shared Arrival Transfer: General Heriberto Jara International Airport To Veracruz Hotels
- Alvarado And Tlacotalpan Day Trip From Veracruz
- Shared Departure Transfer: Veracruz Hotels To General Heriberto Jara International Airport
- Cempoala Ruins And La Antigua Day Trip From Veracruz
- Veracruz City Sightseeing Tour Including San Juan De Ulúa Castle
- Catemaco Lake And Los Tuxtlas Day Trip From Veracruz