Verde Canyon Railroad Adventure - Sedona
OverviewHop aboard the Verde Canyon Railroad for a 4-hour journey through the untouched and unspoiled Verde Valley. With first class seating, you will enjoy unobstructed views of Arizona’s geological wonders, wildlife and remnants of the Native Americans who once lived in the area.
- Rail Tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMake your way to theVerde Canyon Railroad Train Depot in Clarkdale, Arizona, not far from Sedona, to begin your Verde Canyon Railroad adventure.
This rail adventure offers a wilderness train ride through the remote Verde Canyon which is known for its picturesque setting and abundant wildlife. Though its possible to hike in the canyon, by far the easiest way to experience it is by riding this scenic wilderness train.
The train is made up of exquisitely-renovated passenger coaches and open-air viewing cars pulled by vintage locomotives and travels a route along the Verde River between Clarkdale and Perkinsville. After embarking from the Clarkdale depot, sit back for a 4-hour, 40-mile round trip that includes views of historic mining sites, geological wonders, Sinagua Indian cliff dwellings and wildlife from bald eagles to antelope.
You will remain spellbound as your vintage carriages cross an expansive railway bridge embedded in basalt cliffs, glide through a covered bridge opening the gateway to Perkinsville, or experience daylight retreating in the 680-foot manmade tunnel, all odes to that same bygone era. Two FP7 locomotives, only two of 10 remaining in North America, are the muscle that powers the newly-renovated passenger cars.
Indoor cars are climate-controlled with restrooms and the train meets ADA requirements. Your first class cabins feature panoramic windows in a living room-style atmosphere of comfortable love seats or bistro-style chair-and-table seating near panoramic windows. Enjoy a champagne toast upon boarding, a variety of complimentary appetizers reflecting the southwest region and full-service cash bars featuring premium liquors and beverage service at your seat. With comfortable seating indoors and access to high-backed benches on the adjoining open-air cars, it is like getting two seats for the price of one.
Inclusions for Verde Canyon Railroad Adventure
- First class seating
- Champagne toast
Exclusions for Verde Canyon Railroad Adventure
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sedona's Original Vortex Tour from Sedona
- Alcantara Estate Vineyards Tasting Experience
- 2-Hour Historic Mine Walking and Shuttle Tour in Jerome
- Grand Canyon South Rim from Sedona with Optional Helicopter Flight
- Grand Canyon Hike with Sedona and Flagstaff Hotel Pickup
- Sedona Helicopter Tour: Red Rocks and Chapel of the Holy Cross
- Ultimate Grand Canyon Day Trip from Flagstaff or Sedona