Verona: A Must Go City - Mantua
OverviewThe beauty of Verona is In its urban structure and its architecture, the city is an outstanding example of a town that has developed progressively and uninterruptedly over 2,000 years, incorporating artistic elements of the highest quality from each succeeding period. Verona is not just the place in which Romeo and Juliet loved each other. Boasting one of the most enchanting and perfectly conserved old town centre in the world Verona is also a modern and rich city, a place in which the great attention for its glorious past matches perfectly with a modern economy based on the production of some of the most delicious food and wines in Italy.
Know More about this tourFalling in Love with Verona: An amazing experience!
Do You Think Verona Is Just About Romeo and Juliet?
Everyone knows that Verona is the home to the most famous love story ever told, however, despite the typical tourist attraction to Juliet's balcony and Romeo's home, dont let this fact blind you to everything else the city has to offer. The historic city centre of Verona is famously said to have more Roman ruins than any other Italian city, beside Rome, furthermore Verona was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site not just because of the excellent condition of its Roman architecture but because it is also crammed with medieval buildings, Renaissance art and so many cultural treasures too. Verona has so much to offer and it is really a taste of Italy at it's finest, which can only mean that it has to be a top city that we all must visit.
It is very easy to reach Verona, located halfway between Venice and Milan it is a major transport hub for rail travel throughout the country, it has got an international airport and it is surronded by important highways.
- 3-hour walking guided tour with a licensed tour guide
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
- Discover the the Unesco Heritace City and its most treasured sites
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour
- Private Italian or English or German or Spanish speaking guide
- Guided tour of Verona highlights
Meet your guide at Piazza Bra, close to "The Alps fountain". The fountain is located in the middle of the public garden behind the equastrian statue of Vittorio Emanuele II
Roman ruins, medieval vestiges, Venetian and Austrian traces can be seen all across the city, as well as antique palaces, squares, bridges and wonderful churches. In the historical centre you will visit Piazza Bra with the Roman amphitheatre "the Arena", Piazza Erbe with the paitned Mazzanti's houses, the Maffei's palace and the Madonna Verona's fountain, Piazza dei Signori with the medieval public buildings, Dante's statue the Scaligers' houses and arks. During the tour you will walk from Castelvecchio, the old Scaligers' castle surrounded by the Roman Gavi's arch and the Scaliger's bridge to Corso Porta Borsari with the Roman city gate called dei Borsari. Walking along corso Sant'Anastasia we will reach ther Roman Ponte Pietra from where it is possible to see the San Pietro hill with the Austrian stronghold and the Roman Theatre. Back to the city centre waking along nice medieval streets you will reach Romeo's house, Juliet's balcony and the Roman gate dei Leoni
Inclusions for Verona: A Must Go City
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Private tour
Exclusions for Verona: A Must Go City
- Entrance fees
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.