First up on our trip plan is Giverny. We stop at Fondation Claude Monet - home to Impressionist maestro Monet from 1833 until his demise in 1926. Walk across the Japanese bridge you have seen somewhere before and catch your reflection in that water lily pond.
Duration: 2 hours
Next up is a hearty lunch (we won’t let you eat cake unless you want to), after visiting Moulin de Fourges, an 18th-century mill, inspired by Marie Antoinette's hamlet. The Palace of Versailles leads us nicely on to your next stop. Compare and contrast your interior decor to that of Louis XIV and his wife, then waltz through the vast Hall of mirrors. Your tour guide is at hand to answer your questions, however weird or wonderful.
Duration: 3 hours
As we move ahead, we will pass by the Gardens of versailles. You are in for a treat (and numerous photo ops) in the palace’s back garden, and no garden worth its name would be complete without a fountain, a sculpture, a forGare de l|est or two. If you choose the right date, you will catch the Musical Fountains show, when the gardens numerous water features rise-and-fall to the rhythm of Louis XIV’s favorite tunes.
Then it's a journey back to your romantic city of Paris.
- Experience the majestic Versailles and Monet's gardens in Giverny.
- Enjoy this combined one-day tour with a return trip from Paris.
- Be inspired with a stroll through Monet's picturesque garden.
- Take a guided tour of the Great Royal Apartments of Versailles palace.
- Drink in expert commentary from your guide.
- Take lunch at the Moulin de Fourges riverbank restaurant
- Marvel at the breathtaking fountain display at Versailles (optional)