Versailles Independent Tour - Paris
OverviewThe tour is perfect for those who prefer to explore independently. Discover the dazzling royal residence of Versailles, the largest and most sumptuous ever built by a reigning monarch and surrounded by gardens and parklands. Transfers from Paris, entrance fees to the gardens, Versailles and the Grand Royal Apartments are included.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tour
In 1661, following Louis 14th orders, building started on what became the most prestigious residence amongst all the courts of Europe. The palace and gardens were designed by architects and decorators who are still famous today, such as Le Vau, Mansart and Le Notre.
During the coach drive to Versailles, you will be offered an audio commentary (available in French, English, Spanish, Germany, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Greek, Japanese, Danish and Chinese-Mandarin) describing the various facets of court life under the reign of Louis 14th, the "Sun King". It will help you through the unguided visit to the Chateau and the gardens.
Inclusions for Versailles Independent Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees for the gardens and the Grand Royal Apartments
Exclusions for Versailles Independent Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
You do not receive priority entry on this tour, you will have to queue for entry at Versailles.
There are Entrance fees to Versailles Musical Gardens
During Fountain Display and Musical Gardens days, entrance fees to the gardens are not included
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour by Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Luxury Evening Experience at Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Skip-the-Line Palace of Versailles and Eiffel Tower Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Green Paris - Ecological Visit
- Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Summit Entrance Ticket and Evening Illuminations Cruise in Paris