Versailles Palace And Gardens By Train With Skip-the-Line Access - Paris
OverviewJoin this half-day tour to the prestigious Palace of Versailles and Gardens. Walk in the footsteps of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. See the Hall of Mirrors, lavish staterooms, and beautiful gardens. Your English-speaking guide will lend their expertise to enhancing the experience with historical facts and interesting anecdotes. Take the RER train from Paris and enjoy skip-the-line access, a real time-saver.
- All entrance fees included
- Round-trip train fares
- Led by a local guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at a convenient location near the train station. Take a short train ride to Versailles, approximately 30 minutes. Arrive in Versailles and go directly to the Palace of Versailles. Enjoy the ease of skip-the-line access and an intimate visit with a group size limited to 25 participants.
Once inside, followin the footsteps of legendary French kings and queens on a guided tour ofthe world-renowned palace. See the private apartments, lavish staterooms, and much more, with the help of your knowledgeable guide. Learn about King Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, and those that were part of their court, hear interesting facts and stories about the history of the palace and the royal family.
Following your tour of the palace, take astroll through the exquisite palace gardens,where glamorousballs were held and frequented by the most famous figures of those times. Depending on your day of travel, you might also get to seethe famous Musical Fountain Show (weekends and some Tuesdays during the summer).
If your tour concludes after the gardens, your guide will escort you back to the train station for your return to Paris. You may also choose to remain in Versailles for some free time and return to Paris on your own.
For those who have selected the option to visit the Petit Trianon, you will go there after your garden tour. The Petit Trianon offers a unique insight into the private life of the royalsat the Palace of Versailles. Hear how King Louis XVI presented a key encrusted in diamonds to his beloved wife, Marie Antoinette and admire the English-style gardens, vegetable gardens, and thatched cottages commissioned by the queen to replicate a Normandy village. Learn how she surrounded herself with farm animals so she could play shepherdess, a far cry from her public persona. At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to the train station to return to Paris.
Inclusions for Versailles Palace And Gardens By Train With Skip-the-Line Access
- Reserved entry time and entrance fees to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
- Musical Fountain Show (operates on the weekend, Tuesday added during the summer months)
- Round-trip transportation from central Paris to Versailles by RER train
- English-speaking guides
- Small groups limited to 25 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- Fully guided visit to the Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinettes hamlet (if option selected)
- Chauffeur driven ride from the Petit Trianon back to the train station in Versailles (if option selected)
Exclusions for Versailles Palace And Gardens By Train With Skip-the-Line Access
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fully guided visit to the Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinettes hamlet (unless option selected)
- Chauffeur driven ride from the Petit Trianon back to the train station in Versailles (unless option selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants travel for free
Maximum of 25 participants
Wheelchair accessible (palace only)
Please note the garden is not optimal for people with mobility issues or using a wheelchair
Skip-the-line privilege does not extend to security checkpoint
Due to some restoration works in the Palace, some rooms may not be available to see. Should it happen, our guides know how to replace those places so your experience is complete.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private One-Way Transfer: City of Paris
- ANZAC Day Trip from Paris: Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux and WWI Somme Battlefields Tour
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 3-Hour River Cruise the Seine River Including Dinner and Live Music
- Private Tour: Vintage 2CV Round-Trip Transfer to the Lido de Paris
- Seine River Dinner Cruise with 'La Marina de Paris' and Moulin Rouge Show
- Paris Illuminations Night Tour