Versailles Palace Half-Day Tour With Skip-the-Line And Gardens - Paris
OverviewSet out for our guided visit to the Chteau de Versailles, the world-renowned royal residence of Louis XIV. Admire the shining Hall of Mirrors, designed to infinitely reflect the Sun King’s brilliance across the world. Wander through the richly appointed state apartments, where kings and queens once received the elite. Your certified English-language guide will make the French royals come alive for you, in all their extravagance and excess. We guarantee ideal visiting conditions by limiting group size.
- King and Queen's Grand Apartments & Hall of Mirror
- Gardens with Musical Fountain Show or Musical Gardens when running
Know More about this tour
Your guide will meet you in downtown Paris and accompany you to Versailles by local train. Once you reach the Chateau, you’ll begin your trip through time as you gain a vivid understanding of the royal personalities who inhabited the site. Versailles was the most splendid capital in the world during the 17th century reign of Louis XIV. Courtiers and diplomats came from all over Europe to admire the decor and curry favor with the king. Crowds are still lining up at the gates today, but our pre-booked entrance tickets will guarantee you direct access, and your friendly local guide will ensure you see all these rooms and halls have to offer.
You’ll hear about how the royal family was continuously on display, how they subjugated the proud nobles, and recaptured preeminence in fashion and art production from Italy back to France. Enjoy astonishing anecdotes about the lavish lifestyle of Marie Antoinette, and you’ll understand how uncomfortable she was at this public palace, preferring her private domains. Her excesses at Versailles failed to impress the French people, and in 1789 she fell from power never to see the palace again.
Upon completing your tour of the royal apartments, your guide will accompany you through the luxurious gardens of Versailles, the setting for promenades, performances, and pyrotechnics! On days when the fountains are active, you’ll appreciate the added value of the elegant and omnipresent bubbling jets of water.
After your tour, your guide will offer to escort you back to Paris. Alternatively, remain on your own in Versailles for the rest of the day. Our team will provide you with the return tickets. And as you will see on your way in with us, the train station is really close to the Palace and easy to find. So it is easy for you to stay as long as you want. We are happy to advise you about other visits and fine dining in the royal city.
Inclusions for Versailles Palace Half-Day Tour With Skip-the-Line And Gardens
- Reserved entry time and all tickets to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles, including tickets to the Musical Gardens and Fountain shows when running
- Return transportation from central Paris to Versailles by RER train
- Expert, English speaking guides
- Small groups limited to 15 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
Exclusions for Versailles Palace Half-Day Tour With Skip-the-Line And Gardens
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip-the-Line Entrance Access to Louvre Museum
- Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in the Center of Paris
- Paris Museum Pass and Seine River Cruise Including Delivery to Your Hotel
- Invalides Army Museum and Cathedral Private Tour
- Paris Day Trip to Fontainebleau and Barbizon with Private Driver and Guide
- Paris Walking Tour: Christmas Food and Decorations