Versailles Private Excursion - Paris
OverviewSee Versailles, aunique estatethat was made to owe and impress with its sheer size, stature and magnificence. Walk through its many rooms and corridors, especially the well-known Hall of Mirrors, and find out first-hand about the most extravagant and decadent period of the entire French history. The true value of this visit, however, is the domain; as it is more important that the castle. The garden and the estate of Versailles, more so than the chateau, were made to impress with its many fountains, alleys, separate gardens and artificial lakes. They are there to be admired and that is exactly what we are going to do. The duration of the tour is barely enough to go through all of the domain'slayered and interesting history.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by an art historian
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Take an insider view into the dwelling quarters of the France's most famous and quite likely most ego-maniacal king, Louis the XIV. Also, visit the official receiving quarters where the actual life of the court, with its many intrigues and conspiracies, took place.
This 6-hour tour not only gives you an overview of the domains history; the castle, the gardens, the fountains; it also helps you to understand the differences between the Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI. These kings were very, very different in nature as well as in rule ; comparing them is very interesting and rewarding. We will also compare the difference in their respective styles and see how their politics and different manners of rule were reflected in the different aesthetic their eras are associated with.
If you would wish to learn about the final days of the French monarchy and what led to its downfall; witness one of the most luxurious places in the world (still); admire the sheer insanity of the Sun King materialized in the form of the chateau and an esteta; this visit is not to be missed. The story of the creation of Versailles is surely even more over-the-top and insane than the building or the Sun King themselves. Even if you only have a couple of days to spend in Paris, spend one in Versailles.
Inclusions for Versailles Private Excursion
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Versailles Private Excursion
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Villages Bike Tour
- Paris Cooking Class: Desserts and Pastries
- Walking Tour with Breakfast : Legends of Old Paris
- Paris Evening Quest Game on Segway
- Winemaking Workshop in Paris
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 1-Hour Sightseeing River Cruise on Seine
- Bus'n'boat Paris Tour
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 3-Hour River Cruise the Seine River Including Dinner and Live Music