Veterans Tour Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery And National Liberation Museum - NijmegenWrite a Review
OverviewLocated outside the village of Groesbeek, the Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery has graves of 2,338 Canadian soldiers fallen in the Rhineland battles in Germany. On this tour, you will be learning all about the war and its tragedies. You will also get to visit the interesting National Liberation Museum.
- 3 hours tour to learn more about World War II (Operation Market Garden) in Groesbeek (Nijmegen area) private tour.
- Private tour, all the information you need to understand the history of World War II in the Nijmegen area.
- It's your tour! Ask anything you want to know and take a rest if needed. We can expand the tour if you need more time.
- We can expand the tour if you need more time.
Know More about this tour
The Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery and Memorial is located just outside the village of Groesbeek. Here, 2. 338 Canadian soldiers of World War II are buried; they were fallen in the Rhineland battles in Germany. The Liberation Museum nearby is set in the beautiful landscape near the German border. Operation Market Garden, the largest airborne operation in history took place here in September 1944 and Operation Veritable, the Rhineland Offensive, the final road to freedom in Europe, started from here in February 1945.
Visit these unique places of history and learn more about World War II and the important role the Canadian soldiers played here in the beautiful Nijmegen area.
A memorial tour for Canadian veterans and others interested in World War II history.
Inclusions for Veterans Tour Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery And National Liberation Museum
- Included are my services as your private tour guide during the tour.
Exclusions for Veterans Tour Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery And National Liberation Museum
- Museum fees, food and drinks, personal expenses, transportation (train/bus/taxi/rental car/minivan/coach and driver) or other services, when required, are not included. I can prepare an all-inclusive tourprice on request.
- Estimated Local Cash Needed: 10 euro - Entrance fee National Liberation Museum (10 euro per person).
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 59 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 59 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.