Viator Exclusive: Acropolis Of Athens, New Acropolis Museum And Greek Dinner
OverviewBehold the beginnings of Western civilization with an experienced archaeologist on a 4-hour walking tour of this UNESCO World Heritage site. Unparalleled history unfolds as you stroll by the Parthenon and other monuments of the Acropolis of Athens; visit the New Acropolis Museum to gawk at ancient statues; and delight in sweeping views of the citadel during an authentic Greek dinner. It’s an afternoon fit for the gods, and a Viator Exclusive created just for our customers. The experience can’t be booked anywhere else!
- Exclusive to Viator
- Free drinks included
- Dinner included
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tourArrive at Athens Red Line ticket station to meet your guide, an experienced archaeologist, and then start your Viator Exclusive: a unique combination of a tour, museum visit and dining experience at the Acropolis of Athens. Enter from the south slope of the acropolis and set off on your leisurely walking tour of some of the worlds finest monuments.
Along the way, listen as your guide shares knowledgeable insight of the citadels ruins including excavation details. Visit the Theatre of Dionysus an amphitheater that is arguably the birthplace of the performing arts. Perch yourself on one of the stone seats to imagine the sights and sounds experienced by ancient theatergoers who came to watch plays by Greek writers Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides. Youll also pass the Odeon of Herodes Atticus; the theater is still used today during the Athens Festival from May to October.
Find peace and quiet at an asclepieion a healing temple that honored the god of medicine Asclepius before continuing to one of the most recognized buildings on the planet: the Parthenon. Meander around the perimeter of the temple to learn more about how it was constructed for the goddess Athena.
Once you familiarize yourself with the site's classical architecture, head indoors to the New Acropolis Museum for a brief break and refreshments (own expense) in the cafe. Ranked one of the top five museums in the world, the New Acropolis Museum boasts collections of statues and other relics of everyday life in several galleries. In the Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, the glass floor occasionally reveals an archaeological excavation site.
End the day with a delicious dinner at a nearby restaurant that affords views of the Parthenon and surrounding hills. Indulge in an authentic Greek meal paired with a bottle of wine as you discuss the history you discovered on this exclusive tour.
Inclusions for Viator Exclusive: Acropolis Of Athens, New Acropolis Museum And Greek Dinner
- Professional archaeologist guide
- A bottle of local wine
- Entrance fees to Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum
Exclusions for Viator Exclusive: Acropolis Of Athens, New Acropolis Museum And Greek Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.