Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour With An Archaeologist From Playa Del Carmen - Playa Del Carmen
OverviewBeat the crush of crowds and explore Coba in peace on this early morning tour with an archaeologist guide — a Viator Exclusive that can't be booked anywhere else! Stroll through the ruins of the ancient Mayan city, one of Mexico’s largest settlements during the Classic period, and gain in-depth knowledge of the site from your professionally certified archaeologist guide. Earn bragging rights by climbing the tallest pyramid in the Yucatan Peninsula, and then cool down with a swim inside a beautiful underground cavern. Lunch and hotel transport from Playa del Carmen are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Buffet lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourStart your Viator Exclusive tour after early morning pickup from your Playa del Carmen hotel and take a scenic 90-minute drive to Coba. Join your guide, a certified archaeologist, for an in-depth tour of the ancient Mayan city, considered one of the largest pre-Columbian settlements of the Classic period. Youll arrive at the site and take in this tranquility just in time to beat the crowds!
As you walk through the ruins of Coba, which in the Mayan language means place of choppy water, your specialist guide provides informative commentary. Learn about the archaeological studies of the site, spanning approximately 43 square miles (70 square km), and the Mayan civilization that occupied it.
Hear about how the city developed around the surrounding five lakes, the water sources that supported about 50,000 inhabitants. Gain insight into the network of roads you come across during your tour, as well as large stone monuments called stelae, and hieroglyphic texts.
Huff your way to the apex of Nohoch Mul Pyramid, the tallest Mayan pyramid in the Yucatan Peninsula, and from 140 feet (42 meters) above the rainforest floor, capture stunning panoramas of the rainforest jungle.
With this Viator Exclusive, your early morning visit to Coba allows you to discover the site at an easy pace, without worrying about crowds, and then experience another beautiful site after seeing the Mayan city. Continue on to a cenote, an underground cavern with a pool of water, and enjoy an hour of downtime in the naturally illuminated cave.
Wrap up your outing with a hearty buffet meal at a nearby restaurant featuring local cuisine, pastas, salads and desserts. Your tour ends with transport back to Playa del Carmen.
Inclusions for Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour With An Archaeologist From Playa Del Carmen
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Archaeologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour With An Archaeologist From Playa Del Carmen
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to Tulum from Riviera Maya or Cancun
- Chichen Itza Day Trip from Playa del Carmen
- Private Tour: Bird Watching from the Riviera Maya
- Tulum Combo Tour: Archaeological Site, Cenotes and Yalku Lagoon
- JOY by Cirque du Soleil from Playa del Carmen
- Playa del Carmen Cenote Tour: Snorkeling, Rappelling and Ziplining