Viator Exclusive: Downtown Milan Highlights Duomo La Scala And Virtual Reality Experience
OverviewDiscover the Duomo and the Scala Opera House on this exclusive tour including Virtual Reality.Stroll along the city center of Milan and visit its most iconic monuments with skip-the-line access. Our professional English-speaking guides will share with you their engaging stories, curiosities and anecdotes about these Milanese highlights and will enhance your experience with animated 3-D reconstructions of Milan in the past.Take your chance to live a unique immersive tour in the capital of fashion.
- All entrance fees included
- Exclusive to Viator
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Skip the line
Know More about this tour
Meet your expert local guide in Piazza della Scala and start your 2-hour guided visit enjoying the view of one of the most famous theaters in the world. La Scala is a true Temple of classical music, opera and ballet and since the 18th century this stunning theater has seen premiers of some extraordinary works by beloved composers such as Verdi, Rossini and Puccini.
After a brief overview, take your chance to enhance your tour with a time travel. Wear your 3-D headsets and dive into the past so you can visit the theater as it was when inaugurated thanks to an animated 3-D Virtual Reality video.
Now access the foyer and live a great opportunity to marvel at the wonder of this celebrated theatre from one of the boxes admiring the superb crystal chandelier and the stage (if no rehearsal is in progress).
Then head to the adjacent Scala Museum to focus on a vast collection of opera costumes, musical instruments and portraits of famous performers.
Leave the Scala and walk along the chic and trendy Vittorio Emanuele Gallery, a 19th-century innovative architecture, currently the most exclusive and elegant shopping gallery in Milan, full of boutiques and fashion brands. Put on your VR headsets and get impressed with another engaging 3-D overview of this Milanese highlight when was affected by bombs in World War II. The tour continues on to the true iconic symbol of Milan, the Duomo. Get ready for another time-travel and stand in the middle of Piazza del Duomo as it was centuries ago while under construction and compare how different it was. Back to the present, skip the long lines and get into the Gothic cathedral, the largest church in Italy, and admire the statues, the decorations, the stained-glass windows that tireless craftsmen designed along the centuries and be amazed while hearing about the stories of the Holy Nail from Jesus True Cross or the Sundial Trail and its zodiac signs.
Still curious? Feel free to extend at your pleasure the Milan discovery adding 1-hour extra guided tour exploring the hidden side of Milan city center.
Leavethe crowds of the Duomo square, get off the beaten track and discover an odd district around the corner that most locals dont know. Just a couple minutes walk from the Duomo and you get to the medieval Verziere district, once a popular fruit market in the daytime but also the red light and witches district in the night. Put on your 3-D headsets and discover how crowded and picturesque this lively neighbourhood was.
Then prepare for a truly creepy experience. Pop inside the church of S. Bernardino alle Ossa, a highly unusual church, known for its ossuary, a small side chapel decorated with hundreds of human skulls and bones. According to the legend, on November 2nd the bones of a little girl come back to life, leading all the other skeletons in a sort of dance macabre.
Inclusions for Viator Exclusive: Downtown Milan Highlights Duomo La Scala And Virtual Reality Experience
- Entrance fees
- Skip-the-line admission ticket to the Duomo (inside)
- Pass for the Duomo Museum (valid for 3 days)
- Admission ticket to the Scala Theatre and Scala Museum
- Use of headphones (if there are more than 5 people on tour)
- Use of Virtual Reality headsets
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Viator Exclusive: Downtown Milan Highlights Duomo La Scala And Virtual Reality Experience
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
Due to increased security measures at the Duomo some lines may form. Additionally, strict rules apply to enter the Cathedral (no knives, no scissors, no glass bottles, etc.)
Please note that the Theatre hall is visible from one of the boxes of the balconies. The access is guaranteed unless a rehearsal or play being performed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Milan Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Milan Airports Private Transfers to Milan City Centre or Vice Versa
- 4-Day Dolomites Tour from Milan
- 1.5-Hour Milan Segway Tour
- Private Tour: A Stroll Around Milanese Historical Craft Shops
- Discovering Milan on the Historic Tram
- Milan Gourmet Italian Food Tour
- Private Milan Wine Tasting with Italian Sommelier