OverviewGain essential insights into Mexicos past on a visit to Chichen Itza with a private archeologist. Miss the crowds by visiting in the early morning, and see parts of the site that traditional tours dont visit. With pickup from Cancun, experience the majesty of the entire Chichen Itza site and receive personalized attention from your professionally certified guide.
- Exclusive to Viator
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYour Viator Exclusive tour begins with morning pickup from your Cancun hotel. A meal will be provided (breakfast OR lunch, depending on the season)
Arriving at Chichen Itza, join your specialized guide for an in-depth tour of the site, and enjoy the tranquility of your early-morning visit before the crowds arrive.
Throughout the trip, your archaeological guide’s commentary provides essential background to the well-preserved site of Chichen Itza. Learn how this large pre-Colombian city played an important role in Mayan civilization from around A.D. 600 to 1200, and remained a center of worship and pilgrimage until the arrival of the Spanish. Even today, it is still considered a sacred site by the Yucatán peninsula’s Maya population.
Like many of ancient Mexico’s cities, the site was abandoned, and its ruins were hidden by jungle. Hear how the site was discovered and unearthed by archaeologists, gaining UNESCO protection and considered today one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Your guide will explain the philosophy, cosmology and mythology behind this ancient site, such as the meaning of the stone carvings, pyramids, platforms, ball courts and staircases.
Visit the Observatory, Temple of the Jaguars, Temple of the Warriors and of course the famous El Castillo, also known as the Temple of Kukulkan. Hear how a serpent of light appears to wriggle its way down the temple’s stairways on the spring and fall equinoxes.
Return to your hotel at around 3pm. With this Viator Exclusive, your early morning trip to Chichen Itza helps you to beat the crowds so you can enjoy the remainder of the afternoon at your own leisure!
Inclusions for Viator Exclusive: Early Access To Chichen Itza With A Private Archeologist
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fees
- Meal according to season: During summer, lunch During winter, breakfast
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Viator Exclusive: Early Access To Chichen Itza With A Private Archeologist
- Gratuities (optional)
- Fee for use of video camera at Chichen Itza (between $10USD to $25USD)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you bring comfortable walking shoes and camera
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Note: An additional fee is required for the use of video camera at the site. The fee is between $10USD to $25USD (depending on the device) and must be paid directly on site on the day of the tour
Note: The tour is on shared basis and there is a private guide per each group of up to 20 people
Note: If you book this tour with just one hour in advance of the tour's departure, you must meet your guide at Courtyard Marriott Airport Hotel at 6am
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.