Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set for the ultimate behind-the-scenes look at where The Lord of the Rings and the 'Hobbit' trilogies were filmed. You and your small group will be one of the first to this popular attraction near Matamata, a small agricultural town approximately 2.5 hours' drive from Auckland. During the private tour, your guide will take you places that were usually only accessed by the film crews. It's the perfect day for fans of Gandalf and the gang!
- Exclusive to Viator
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourDepart from your Auckland hotel at approximately 6:30am for a roughly 2.5-hour drive south over the Bombay Hills to the lush farmland of the Waikato region. Upon arrival at the Hobbiton Movie Set, you and your fellow The Lord of the Rings fans have an early tour with a private guide. Ask away about Mordor, filming details, and whatever else comes to mind as you pass Bilbo Baggins house, the mill, and the party tree, among other recognizable landmarks.
One thing you wont get out your guide? Whether or not the five hobbit holes you visit appeared in The Hobbit series. Ogle the round doors and windows of the Smials that are not open to visit during the regular tours. This is the only way to see the latest in hobbit architecture!
Head to an epic breakfast at the Green Dragon Inn. The meal includes morning staples such as scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit, in addition to creamy mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and a specially made breakfast mince.
After your tour of Hobbiton Movie Set, hop in your provided transport to head back to your Auckland hotel. Along the way, you will stop for a scoop of New Zealands signature Hokey Pokey ice cream at Pokeno. The world-famous vanilla ice cream is packed with clumps of honeycomb toffee a sweet way to end your day.
Inclusions for Viator Exclusive: Early Access To The Lord Of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- Late breakfast
- Ice cream
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned mini coach
Exclusions for Viator Exclusive: Early Access To The Lord Of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Small-group tour limited to 18 people
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Waitomo Caves And Rotorua Day Trip From Auckland
- Bay Of Islands Day Tour From Auckland
- Auckland Discovery City Tour
- Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
- Auckland Highlights Combined With Wilderness Experience Eco-Tour
- Full-Day Grand Auckland Volcanoes Tour
- SkyJump Auckland
- Shared Departure Transfer: Hotel To Auckland Airport
- Private Full-Day Scuba Diving Charter To Goat Island Marine Reserve From Warkworth
- Airport Transfers In Auckland