OverviewTour Tulum, one of the most famous Mayan sites, with a private archaeologist a Viator exclusive available nowhere else! Arrive in the early morning and miss the crowds, allowing you to fully experience the magnificent Tulum ruins, built on a cliff above the Caribbean Sea. With pickup from Cancun and Riviera Maya hotels, youll see places that traditional tours do not visit. Receive personalized attention from your professionally certified guide.
Know More about this tourStart your Viator Exclusive tour after early morning pickup from your Cancun or Riviera Maya hotel. Join your guide, a certified archaeologist, for an in-depth tour of Tulum — a walled Mayan city perched atop a cliff that overlooks the sparkling Caribbean Sea. A lunch box will be provided on the way to the site. You’ll arrive at the site and take in this tranquility just in time to beat the crowds.
As you tour Tulum, a Mayan word for wall, your guide provides informative commentary. Learn about the archaeological studies of the site and the Mayan civilization that occupied it. Hear evidence that places Tulum as one of the major Mayan cities of the 13th and 14th centuries in Quintana Roo, highlighted by its strategic coastal location, its elevation — the highest of any city the region — and its efficient defense system.
As you stroll among the ruins of this important city, you’ll discover what researchers have uncovered: a political settlement along a commercial route that exploited the rich marine resources off the coast. Today, Tulum is best known for its sandy beaches and the remnants of elaborate murals — once painted a vibrant red and blue over stark white walls.
Return to your hotel in the afternoon. With this Viator Exclusive, your early morning trip to Tulum lets you beat the crowds so you can enjoy the remainder of the afternoon at your own leisure.
Please note: Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to help beat the heat for the duration of your tour. There will be a beach break in Tulum, too, so come prepared with a suit and towel if you plan on swimming.
Inclusions for Viator Exclusive: Early Access To Tulum Ruins With An Archeologist
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Box lunch
Exclusions for Viator Exclusive: Early Access To Tulum Ruins With An Archeologist
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Important: Maximum number of participants per guide is 20
It is recommended that you wear a swimsuit and bring a towel if you wish to swim during the beach break in Tulum
Please bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
Note: If you book this tour with just one hour in advance of the tour's departure, you must meet your guide at Courtyard Marriott Airport Hotel at 6am
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Chichen Itza And Valladolid
- Contoy And Isla Mujeres
- TEMAZCAL - UNIQUE MAYAN RITAUL
- Coba Mayan Treasures Tour
- Cozumel Snorkel Tour From Cancun: Coral Reefs And Playa Mia Beach Park
- Coba, Tulum, Cenote And Mayan Village Day Trip With Lunch
- Sightseeing, Snorkeling And Dancing Catamaran Cruise From Cancun
- Private Tour: Catamaran Sailing And Snorkeling In Isla Mujeres
- Tulum Xtreme From Cancun
- Speedboat Tour In Cancun