OverviewExplore the labyrinth of ancient passageways in subterranean Paris on this 1.5-hour tour of the city's sewers. Enjoy fine views over the Seine River from Pont de l’Alma, then step below street level into the sewer tunnels. On this Viator Exclusive tour, available nowhere else, listen as your guide shares tales from the sewers’ 200-year history; admire impressive feats of engineering; and learn of the flood defences and wastewater routes. Visit, too, the Paris Sewers and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 15 people.
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Exclusive to Viator
Know More about this tourMeet your English-speaking guide at the Pont de l’Alma bridge in central Paris to begin your Viator Exclusive tour, which can't be booked anywhere else. First, head up onto the bridge and look out over the Seine River — a source of fortune and misery for the city’s inhabitants for the last 3,000 years.
Hear the ways in which the river has helped and hindered life in Paris over the centuries. Then, step underground into the 200-year-old sewer network. Follow your guide through the ducts and passageways, and marvel at the feats of engineering you find.
Listen as your guide shares tales of the daring criminals who used the sewers in their escapes and heists, and discover how Paris purifies its drinking water, disposes of its wastewater and protects itself against flooding from the mighty Seine River. Plus, gain insight into life as a sewer worker in modern Paris and perhaps even meet one on your tour. Then, spend time in the Paris Sewers and learn how subterranean engineering developments over the years have benefited the city.
Back on street level, follow your guide along the UNESCO-listed banks of the Seine River and learn of the eco-friendly systems in place to protect the natural environment. Afterward, head back to the original start point to conclude your tour.
Viator Exclusives combine unique experiences and great deals — from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences — and are not available from other 3rd party online sellers.
Inclusions for Viator Exclusive: Underground Paris Small-Group Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance ticket to the Paris Sewer Museum
- Tour in English
Exclusions for Viator Exclusive: Underground Paris Small-Group Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
The sewers feature high ceilings and wide space, but the space can be dark, damp and smelly
Minimum of 2 people required
Please note: tour is conducted only by an English-speaking guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.