Viator VIP: Palace Of Versailles Tour With Private Viewing Of The Royal Quarters - Paris
OverviewSee the Palace of Versailles (Chteau de Versailles) as French kings once did with this small-group tour that includes a once-in-a-lifetime private viewing of the palaces Royal Quarters. This exclusive tour gives you priority entrance to Versailles through a reserved door and provides you with unprecedented access to magnificent private rooms such as Louis XVIs library which are normally off-limits to the general public, allowing you to see a side of the UNESCO World-Heritage-listed Palace of Versailles that most never will. This VIP experience also includes a tour of two rooms in the State Apartments and the famous Hall of Mirrors as soon as the palace opens, before the majority of the crowd arrives. Your priority entrance ticket allows you to go straight inside the palace with your small group (maximum 16 people), beating most of the public to these rooms.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Skip the line
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour VIP experience begins as you board a luxurious, air-conditioned minivan in central Paris and head west to the Palace of Versailles. On arrival in Versailles enjoy a coffee and croissant in a cafe close to the Palace. Next, meet your knowledgeable guide at the palaces reserved entrance, and go straight inside with your priority access ticket.
Follow your guide to the State Apartments, where youll see two of the 17 rooms the Kings Chamber and the Council Study. Then head to the fabulous Hall of Mirrors. Your group will be among the first of the general public to arrive at this famous room so you can enjoy the sumptuous setting in all its glory. Walk down the spectacular hall, lined with 357 mirrors that reflect the windows on the opposite wall.
Next, the exclusive part of your tour truly begins as you leave the crowd behind and pass through the velvet ropes into the palaces restricted area. See the following Royal Quarters of Louis XV and Louis XVI:
- The library of Louis XVI, said to be one of his favorite rooms
- The dining room where Louis XV held dinners for lords and ladies
- The clock room with its clock that has a crystal globe showing the planets revolving around the sun
- The corner room, which contains a cylinder desk belonging to Louis XV that is considered one of the most outstanding pieces of furniture in the world
The guided portion of your tour now ends, and your friendly guide will answer any questions you have. From here, you have a few options to complete your Versailles experience. You can explore the other 15 rooms that make up the public State Apartments independently. You can enjoy lunch at Angelinas restaurant located inside the palace (own expense). Or you can head outside and enjoy the beautiful Gardens of Versailles a 1,977-acre (800-hectare) oasis of groves, sculptures, labyrinths and fountains. Depending on the day of the week that you are at the palace, you may catch one of the summer musical events either the Musical Gardens or the Musical Fountains Show (known as the Grandes Eaux musicales), both of which bring the gardens to life with classical music; see the Itinerary section below for more details.
The gardens are also home to La Petite Venise, a popular restaurant with a lovely terrace, located in the former stables by the Grand Canal. It is your choice if youd like to eat here, but you must make your way here to meet your guide for the drive back to Paris.
Inclusions for Viator VIP: Palace Of Versailles Tour With Private Viewing Of The Royal Quarters
- Small-group tour (maximum 16 people)
- Breakfast at restaurant ORE by Alain Ducasse
- Priority entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Access to the private Royal Quarters
- Professional guide
- Entrance to Versailles Musical Gardens (Tuesday) or Fountain Display (Saturday and Sunday) from April to October only
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with complimentary water for the journey
Exclusions for Viator VIP: Palace Of Versailles Tour With Private Viewing Of The Royal Quarters
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Itinerary:Tuesday Versailles Gardens Ticket: Classical Music in the Groves
Musical Gardens – Explore the Gardens of Versailles and its groves to the sounds of classical music.
Saturday and Sunday Versailles Gardens Ticket: Summer Opening Fountains Show
Musical Fountains Show (Grandes Eaux musicales) – Watch fountains come alive and spray water in sequence to the Baroque music of Jean-Baptiste Lully, a French composer who served in the court of Louis XIV. The display finishes at the Bassin de Neptune, often considered the palace's finest fountain.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Booking this tour gives you priority access to the Palace of Versailles. Please note: all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 10 minutes to clear security.
Food is not allowed inside the Palace of Versailles
This tour is not wheelchair accessible
This tour is not suitable for anyone with reduced mobility
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to the nature of this special-access tour, the itinerary changes each time. Access to palace rooms varies and is based on availability. The order in which you visit the rooms may change and it is possible that you will see two of the 17 State Apartments plus the Hall of Mirrors at the end of your tour, not the beginning. On rare occasions, both the Royal Opera House and Chapel unexpectedly close due to private events or concerts. Because these itinerary changes are beyond our control, no refunds or discounts will be issued.
Please note: In the afternoon tour you have the option to visit the gardens or the Versailles castle first
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour by Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- French revolution and US independence in Paris
- Skip the Line Louvre Museum Private Tour (with hotel pick up)
- Small Group Giverny and Rouen Day Trip from Paris
- Private Arrival or Departure Transfer: Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport