Viator VIP: The Sunset Experience Helicopter Tour From Kona
OverviewSee the breathtaking landscapes of the Big Island of Hawaii like a VIP on this unforgettable helicopter tour from Kona. Home to some of the most biologically diverse and dramatic natural features on the planet (volcanoes, beaches, rainforest, lava fields, waterfalls… need we go on?), the Big Island was made for helicopter tours, and this one is particularly wonderful, as it includes a Champagne toast, is perfectly timed with the sunset and is a whopping two hours long. Circle the whole island, from the Hamakua Coast to Kilauea, enjoying the amazing aerial views. This exclusive Viator experience can’t be booked anywhere else!
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, head to the Kona airport to begin your VIP helicopter tour over the Big Island. When you arrive, enjoy a traditional lei greeting and glass of Champagne to mark the occasion. Then board your comfortable Bell 407 helicopter and take off, heading north to fly over the secluded beaches and lava fields along the Kona, Kohala and Hamakua coasts. Throughout the tour, listen to commentary from your pilot, who you can communicate with via your two-way headset.
Next, fly to the far side of the Kohala Mountains to look down on a series of lush hidden valleys, and then cruise down to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to hover over Mauna Loa, the largest volcano on Earth, and Kilauea, the most active of the Big Islands volcanoes. By this time, the sun will have fallen behind the mountains, allowing you to spot the glowing lava more easily and admire the magma lake in Halema'uma'u Crater.
Continue to the southern tip of the Big Island, passing over the black-sand beach of Punaluu and the green-sand beach of Papakolea, two of Hawaiis most striking stretches of coastline. Round the tip of the island and head back north along the west coast, flying over Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historic Park, which once served as a refuge for ancient Hawaiians who broke a law. As you fly from the park to Kealakekua Bay, a couple of miles north, the sun begins to set, creating quite a show.
Watch the sky turn shades of yellow, orange, red and purple, and keep your eyes peeled for the rare flash of green that appears on the horizon when the conditions are just right. When the sky finally turns dark, return to the airport, from where youll be transferred back to your hotel.
Flight time is approximately two hours; total duration is approximately three hours including the check-in and pre-departure process.
Inclusions for Viator VIP: The Sunset Experience Helicopter Tour From Kona
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select hotels ONLY
- 2-hour helicopter flight
- Champagne toast
- Lei greeting
Exclusions for Viator VIP: The Sunset Experience Helicopter Tour From Kona
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
A maximum of 6 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfers in Puno between Bus or Train Station - Hotel
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity