Victor Harbor With McLaren Vale Wine Region Tour From Adelaide
OverviewDiscover the beautiful scenery south of Adelaide and visit some of South Australias top attractions on this day trip to Victor Harbor. Travel through mountain ranges and past pretty seaside villages, explore the historical towns of Strathalbyn and Victor Harbor, see where the Murray River meets the sea, and stop in McLaren Vale, the center of one of Australias best wine regions. During the tour, learn about the area and its history from a knowledgeable guide.
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Adelaide, leave the city behind and travel by coach through the Mt Lofty Ranges, dotted with small villages and great views.
Arrive in the historic town of Strathalbyn after about an hours drive. You have free time to explore this quaint town on the Angas River perhaps sit down for morning tea at one of the local cafes (own expense). Back on the coach, head to Goolwa, an old paddle-steamer town near the mouth of the Murray River, and then pass by Port Elliot on Horsehoe Bay on your way to Victor Harbor. Total driving time from Strathalbyn to Victor Harbor is about one hour.
In Victor Harbor, you have approximately two hours of free time to explore the town on your own. Maybe take the horse-drawn tram across the causeway to Granite Island, or visit a local restaurant for lunch (all food, drinks and activities are at your own expense).
Back on your coach, start the 45-minute drive north to the town of McLaren Vale in the popular Australian wine region of the same name. Stop for 30 minutes in town, where you can visit a cellar door (tasting room) for a wine tasting, if you wish, or check out local attractions like Medlows Confectionary or the Almond Train (own expense).
Finish your day trip with the 1-hour drive from McLaren Vale back to Adelaide, passing through the picturesque coastal towns of Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga and Moana.
Upgrade Cruise Option
During your time in Victor Habor you can choose to include a 45-minute scenic cruise to Seal Island passing through the Horse Tram route and historic Screwplie Jetty. Watch out for New Zealand Fur Seals and Australian Sea Lions at play, basking under the sun or even up close as they swim towards the boat. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife such as Bottlenose Dolphins, Cormorants and Petrels. We then cruise back to the Granite Island Causeway landing.
To include the cruise, please select the 'Tour and Cruise' option at time of booking.
Inclusions for Victor Harbor With McLaren Vale Wine Region Tour From Adelaide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 45-minute cruise (if option selected)
Exclusions for Victor Harbor With McLaren Vale Wine Region Tour From Adelaide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Wine tasting fees
- Entrance/activity fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum age is 18 years to consume alcohol
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mount Lofty Descent Bike Tour from Adelaide
- Adelaide City Tour Including Adelaide Oval
- Barossa Valley with Hahndorf Tour from Adelaide
- Barossa and Hahndorf Day Trip from Adelaide Including Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Small-Group Adelaide City Sightseeing with Handorf Tour
- Barossa Valley Wineries Tour with Tastings from Adelaide