Victoria Falls Walking Tour
OverviewExplore Victoria Falls on a 2-hour walking tour in the morning or afternoon, and discover one of the world’s most magnificent waterfalls, a site that is listed as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. With a local guide, visit an ancient baobab called 'The Big Tree,' and then walk along the rugged rainforest trails that surround the falls. Admire the colorful flora and fauna of the rainforest as well as the craggy gorges of the Zambezi River while learning about Victoria Falls’ fascinating history.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourChoose from a morning or afternoon tour, and then start your tour with a pickup from your centrally located Victoria Falls hotel. On your way to the falls, stop on the banks of the Zambezi River for a photo op next to 'The Big Tree' an impressive baobab that is believed to be more than 1,000 years old.
Continue by minibus to the rainforest that fringes Victoria Falls, and then set off on a walk along the lush trails while learning all about the world-famous waterfall. Listed as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the waterfall is also known as Mosi-oa-Tunya, meaning smoke that thunders in Kololo. The name resonates: you can see the mist of the roaring falls from some 20 miles (32 km) away.
As you explore the pretty rainforest trails that surround the falls, marvel at the sight of the Zambezi River plunging down a series of basalt gorges. At roughly 1.2 miles (2 km) wide and 360 feet (108 m) tall, Victoria Falls is one of the worlds largest waterfalls approximately twice the size of Niagara Falls.
Look out for Livingstones Statue that looks out over the Devils Cataract a natural pool that marks the lowest point of the falls and learn about the monument's namesake, David Livingstone. The intrepid explorer brought Victoria Falls to the worlds attention when he stumbled upon them in 1855. Instantly stunned by the falls grandeur, he decided to name them after Queen Victoria.
After two hours of exploring the rainforest trails around the waterfall, return to your coach and finish your tour with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Victoria Falls Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Victoria Falls Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.