OverviewSee the majestic wildlife of the northern Pacific Ocean on a whale-watching cruise from Victoria. On board a comfortable boat, you'll spot orcas, humpback whales, gray whales and minke whales with the help of an expert naturalist guide, who is on board to make sure you have a memorable and educational experience. You'll also see other marine life like elephant seals, harbor seals and sea lions, plus admire views of Vancouver Island's beautiful scenery from the water.
Know More about this tour
Head to the Victoria wharf to board your 61-foot (19-meter) motor yacht, the Marauder IV, which holds up to 84 passengers and features comfortable seating and a smooth, quiet ride. Meet your naturalist guide and head out from the harbor, cruising into the Strait of Juan de Fuca, the body of water separating Canada's Vancouver Island from the United States.
As you cruise, your guide will help you spot the variety of whales that live in these Pacific waters, including orcas, gray whales, humpback whales and minke whales. Keep your eyes open for other marine life, too, like sea lions, elephant seals, harbor seals and sea birds. You may even catch sight of a bald eagle.
During your journey, listen to your guide's informative, expert commentary about the biological and ecological features of the whales and their ocean environment. If you have any questions, ask away! And if the conditions are right, the boat's hydrophones can pick up and amplify the beautiful sounds of the orcas as they communicate with each other, giving you the amazing opportunity to hear the song of the whales.
If you get chilly, head inside the spacious heated cabin and warm up with a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. You can keep watching for whales through the windows.
Your tour ends with return to the wharf.
Inclusions for Victoria Whale Watch Tour
- Professional naturalists and biologists on board each trip
- Cup of hot chocolate, coffee or tea on board
Exclusions for Victoria Whale Watch Tour
- Gratuity (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
Tours are subject to weather conditions and passenger demand. If your tour is within 48 hours, please contact your local tour operator (number located in voucher) to confirm your tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.