Vienna Combo: Danube River Cruise, Dinner And Schonbrunn Palace Concert
OverviewEnjoy a day in Vienna with a Johann Strauss twist as you combine a Danube River cruise with a classic evening of Austrian food and music! Thanks to Strauss' waltz On the Beautiful Blue Danube (aka The Blue Danube), Viennas famous river is inextricably entwined with classical Viennese music. Experience the river first-hand during a 3.5-hour cruise, and then end your day with a 3-course meal at Schonbrunn Palace and a classical music concert at the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Dinner included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourYour Vienna sightseeing combo includes the following features. Simply pick up your vouchers at the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery, and then begin your Vienna Combo experience!
Inclusions for Vienna Combo: Danube River Cruise, Dinner And Schonbrunn Palace Concert
- Danube River cruise
- 3-course dinner at Caf-Restaurant Residenz
- Concert at the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery in your selected category. Concert duration: 1,5 hours with intermission
- 1 glass of sparkling wine during intermission (VIP and Category A only)
- 2 one-way tickets for public transport
Exclusions for Vienna Combo: Danube River Cruise, Dinner And Schonbrunn Palace Concert
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Cloakroom fee (approx. 1 euro)
- Concert program (approx. 5 euros)
Itinerary:Danube River Cruise
At the time of your choice, make your way to the cruise landing pier in downtown Vienna on Schwedenplatz. As you relax and enjoy the sights of the riverfront, see Viennese attractions like Donauturm (Danube Tower), Millennium Tower, Ringturm (Ring Tower), the Spittelau district heating plant, the Urania observatory and much more. The cruise returns to the place of departure at Schwedenplatz.
(The last cruise, at 2pm, returns at 5:20pm, giving you time to make your way to dinner; if you wish to take the subway to dinner, hop on at Schwedenplatz and take the U4 to Schonbrunn station.)
Dinner at Café-Restaurant Residenz
At 6:30pm, your three-course dinner will be served at the elegant Café-Restaurant Residenz, located in the former Schonbrunn Palace kitchen, adjacent to the palace's main entrance. Dine on Austrian fare by candlelight and enjoy the cozy ambience, either indoors or out, depending on the season.
Sample Dinner Menu:
(Vegetarian dishes are available upon request)
- Beef consommé with semolina Dumpling /A,C,L/
- Braised beef roast with shallot-gravy, potato pie & tomatoes /A,O,L,G/
- Apple Strudel – handmade in our Imperial Bakery Schoenbrunn with whipped cream /A,C,G/
Concert at the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery
After dinner, head to the elaborately restored Schonbrunn Palace Orangery for your grand finale of classical music. From your seat at this UNESCO World Heritage Site, enjoy music by Austrian composers like Strauss and Mozart, played by the Schonbrunn Palace Orchestra. Doors open at 8pm and the concert begins at 8:30pm. At intermission, toast your Vienna experience with an included glass of sparkling wine (if option selected) and then enjoy the rest of the performance, which ends at 10:15pm. When the night is over, use your public transport ticket to make your way back to your hotel.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children aged 8 and under
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian meals are available upon request; please note this when booking in the Special Requirements box
Please note: On selected days, the concerts are occasionally relocated (without notice) to the exceptional Great Gallery or the White Gold Room or to the Entrance Hall of the Mistress inside the Schnbrunn Palace. There is no ballet when the concert is relocated
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Sightseeing Transfer from Vienna to Cesky Krumlov via Durnstein - Melk and Rosenberg castle
- Private Sightseeing Transfer from Vienna to Prague via Cesky Krumlov - Transportation Only or Guided Tour
- Skip the Line: Hard Rock Cafe Vienna Including Meal
- Museum Hundertwasser Entrance Ticket at the Kunst House Vienna
- Private Transfer by Luxury Car to Prague from Vienna
- Private Wine and Sightseeing Tour with One-Way Vienna to Budapest Transfer
- Kursalon Vienna: Johann Strauss and Mozart Christmas Concert with Optional Gala Dinner
- Kursalon Vienna: Johann Strauss and Mozart New Year's Concert with Optional Gala Dinner