Vienna Historical City Tour With Schonbrunn Palace Visit
OverviewExperience the best of Vienna, including the SchÃ¶nbrunn Palace, on this 3.5-hour city highlights coach tour. Drive along the famous Ringstrasse boulevard to admire buildings such as the Vienna State Opera, City Hall and Hofburg Palace, once home to Marie Antoinette. Then, tour the extravagant staterooms of the SchÃ¶nbrunn, the summer residence of the Hapsburg monarchs, and get free time to stroll its gardens or relax at the cafe. Lastly, choose to enjoy optional, discounted entry to the Belvedere Palace, whose splendid Austrian art collection includes the luminous 'Kiss' by Gustav Klimt.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Your tour will begin from the Sdtiroler Platz (only until 23.3.2018) or from the Vienna State Opera (from 24.3.2018 on).Then, meet your expert guide and board your comfortable, air-conditioned coach for your city highlights tour.Have your camera ready as you drive along the famous Ringstrasse boulevard, home to many of Viennas glorious buildings. Snap photos of the imperious Vienna State Opera as your guide explains its history and role as the home of the legendary Opera Ball, the annual Austrian society event.
Admire the grandiose Hofburg Palace, the former winter residence of the Hapsburg monarchs and birthplace of Marie Antoinette in 1755. Then, pass a roll call of other buildings, including the Museum of Art History, the neoclassical Austrian Parliament, Burgtheater and City Hall (Rathaus).
Continue to the magnificent Schnbrunn Palace, the 1,441-roomed Baroque summer residence of the Habsburgs, including Marie Antoinettes mother, Maria Theresa.
Head inside the UNESCO-listed palace and enjoy a guided tour of its extravagant staterooms to see how the royal family once lived. Then, enjoy free time to explore the gardens with their symmetrical terraces and fountains, or relax with a coffee or snack such as apple strudel (both at own expense) at the caf.
Afterward, drive to the 18th-century Belvedere Palace, built by Prince Eugene of Savoy, whose upper palace houses a splendid collection of Austrian art, including Gustav Klimts Kiss, the highpoint of his Golden Period.
Enjoy discounted entry to view the collection or choose to enjoy free time instead. Then, rejoin your coach and end your tour with a drop-off back at Sdtiroler Platz from where you can take an optional transfer to the State Opera.
Please note, pick up services only available with certain hotels. Please check'view additional info.' for hotel details and pick-up time.
Inclusions for Vienna Historical City Tour With Schonbrunn Palace Visit
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to the Schnbrunn Palace
- Optional transfer to the Opera House at end of tour
Exclusions for Vienna Historical City Tour With Schonbrunn Palace Visit
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour may be operated by a multilingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Melk Abbey and Danube Valley Day Trip from Vienna
- Gustav Klimt Vienna Combo: Belvedere Palace and Vienna Card
- 2-hour Vienna City Classic Walk
- Vienna Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Architecture of Red Vienna Small Group Tour
- Empress Sisi Sightseeing Combo in Vienna Including Schonbrunn Palace, Hofburg Palace, Dinner and Orangery Concert