OverviewDiscover Vienna’s glorious Schönbrunn Palace Gardens, set in the grounds of the Schönbrunn Palace, with this 1-day hop-on, hop-off mini-train ticket. Enter the gardens, and ride a mini-train around their lawns and attractions without any tiring legwork. Hop on and off at nine stops to see highlights such as the Gloriette viewpoint, Obelisk Fountain and Schönbrunn Zoo. Alternatively, stay on board for the full 50-minute circuit around the gardens’ treasures. Entrance fees to the Schönbrunn Palace, and other garden attractions such as the Gloriette and the zoo are not included.
- Family friendly
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Round-trip train fares
Know More about this tourThe gardens of Vienna's Schönbrunn Palace are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the city's greatest treasures. Covering a vast area, the beautiful Baroque landscapes are sprinkled with ornamental monuments, pools, mazes and fountains as well as other attractions such as Schönbrunn Zoo and the spectacular Gloriette monument.
With so much to see, the gardens can be overwhelming for even the most intrepid visitors. So remove the punishing legwork, and explore the site aboard a miniature, hop-on, hop-off panorama train that circumnavigates the grounds.
Entrance to the Schönbrunn Palace Gardens is free, so all you need do is enter via any of the main gates, and then, armed with your 1-day train ticket, hop aboard the mini-train outside the Schönbrunn Palace or the Gloriette to explore the sights at your own pace. Learn about the gardens from the onboard commentary and either remain on the train for an entire loop (roughly 50 minutes) or hop on and hop off at any of the nine stops to create your own sightseeing itinerary.
Give the steep walk up to the Gloriette a miss by riding up to the hilltop terrace, or jump off to see showstoppers such as the ornate Obelisk Fountain and Roman Ruin. You can also hop on and off to see the glass Palm House and visit Schönbrunn Zoo (entrance fee applies).
The train runs daily, and you’re free to complete as many circuits as you wish with your 1-day ticket. Click the ‘View additional info’ link to see a map of the train route.
Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
- Exterior of Schönbrunn Palace
- Hietzinger Gate
- Exterior of Schönbrunn Zoo and Palm House
- Tirolergarten Tavern
- Hohenbergstrasse and Tivoli
- Obelisk Fountain and Schönbrunn Spa
- Meidlinger Gate
Inclusions for Vienna Schönbrunner Gardens Mini-Train Tour
- Hop-on hop-off train tour
- Onboard commentary
Exclusions for Vienna Schönbrunner Gardens Mini-Train Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Schonbrunn Palace and other garden attractions where applicable
Itinerary:Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
Schönbrunn Zoo and Palm House
Hohenbergstrasse and Tivoli
Obelisk Fountain and Schönbrunn Spa
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.