Vientiane Full-Day Tour
OverviewVisit Wat Sisaket, Wat Phra Keo, Presidential Palace, Patuxay Monument, That Luang Temple, COPE Center, Buddha Park, River Stroll
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourToday we explore the city by visiting the oldest wat in Vientiane, Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues, and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which now serves as a museum of arts and antiques. We then travel up Lanexang Avenue you will have the opportunity to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxai Monument, which resembles its Parisian inspiration, the Arc de Triomphe. The monument was built using funds from the US and cement intended to build a new airport. The Royal Laotian Government instead built the monument, which gave it of the "vertical runway". The climb to the top offers great views over Vientiane. We continue onwards down Rue Singha 23 to Laos National icon, and most important religious building the golden stupa of That Luang. The final visit of the morning will be the excellent COPE exhibition centre, highlighting a much overlooked aspect of Laos and a major problem many of the local people face on a day to day basis in the form of unexploded ordnance as a result of heavy bombing campaigns during the Vietnam War area.
In the afternoon we visit the quirky yet impressive Buddha Park, an enchanting collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures on the banks of the Mekong River. By no means historic Buddha Park was built in the 1950s by a self styled holy man the park features some very photogenic and unusual sculptures, including a huge reclining Buddha, and a giant pumpkin. Upon returning to Vientiane we have the optional of stopping at the Lao Disabled Womens Centre, which provides valuable training and schooling for disabled women in Laos. The women here are friendly, and its interesting to have a chat with them to find out about their lives. A spectacular view of the Mekong River at sunset is a perfect way to finish the day.
Inclusions for Vientiane Full-Day Tour
- English Speaking Guide
- Entrance Fee & Village Fee
- Drinking Water
Exclusions for Vientiane Full-Day Tour
- Personal Expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: From Hotel in Vientiane to the Airport
- Half-Day Vientiane City Tour
- Explore Vientiane and Local Villages Biking Tour
- 2-Day Vang Vieng Tour from Vientiane
- Vientiane Day Trip by Bike Including Tad Moon Waterfall
- Half-Day Vientiane City Bike Tour
- Guided Vientiane City and Buddha Park Full-Day Tour
- Laos Cuisine Cooking Class in Vientiane