Vientiane Half-Day City Tour
OverviewEnjoy a half-day guided tour to discover the hidden charms of Vientiane meaning the "city of sandal wood". Vientiane is one of the quietest capital cities in the world, far away from the bustle and hustle of other Asian capitals. Visit some of the most popular attractions including the Wat Sisake, Wat Phra Ke, Presidential Palace and more.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at your hotel in Vientiane at 9:00 am for morning departure or 2:00 pm for afternoon departure and begins at the serene Wat Sisaket, the only temple left intact after the Siamese (Thai) invasion in 1828. It is one of the most beautiful temples in the capital, and its breezy teak covered hallways are filled with thousands of miniature Buddha statues.
Continue on to the nearby Wat Phra Keo. Used as a religious museum, Wat Phra Keo displays a collection of both Lao and Khmer works of art. Also nearby is the Presidential Palace. Although you are not allowed to visit inside, it is a good glimpse in to the town’s colonial past as this building formerly served as the French governor’s palace. Visit COPE, an association working to help landmine victims. A visit to the center provides in-depth information about the history of the American/Vietnam war and the lasting impact of unexplored ordinances (UXO) in the area and the efforts underway to clear them.
Continue to the Patuxay monument, Laos’ version of the Arc de Triomphe, where you can climb the stairs to the roof for sweeping panoramic views of the city. Next, your tour takes you to That Luang, the holiest site in Laos. Constructed by King Setthethirat in the 16th century, the temple is resplendent as the sun is shines upon its towering golden spire. End your tour of the capital along the banks of the Mekong River. Stroll along the river, stop to enjoy a cold drink, or sample a snack from one of the many local food stalls. When the tour ends, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Vientiane Half-Day City Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport into A/C vehicle
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- All entrance fees
Exclusions for Vientiane Half-Day City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 7 people per booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please provide your contact phone number on road at the time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.