Vigo Secrets Walking TourWrite a Review
OverviewIf you think Vigo has nothing left to discover, you will be surprised!Come along and meet your private tour guide who will unveil some of the best kept secrets of Vigo. You will learn where Spanish galleons loaded with pure gold taken from the South American Spanish colonies were sunk and why neither the Spanish Government or the US savage company (which located them) can keep this treasure for themselves.
Explore also the Iron Age settlement which originated the city of Vigo, some 3.000 years ago and be surprised with its Celtic culture, still influencing the Galician people today.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourChoose a morning or an afternoon departure when you book your minimum of 6 people your walking tour, then meet your guide at your centrally located Vigo hotel or at your cruise port to begin this private, 5-hour walking tour. Start off by strolling to the O Berbés fish market, where you'll learn about one of the most important economical activities in Vigo: fishing and seafood farming.
Don't miss a word your guide says by using your personal headset as you proceed uphill for a visit to a 15th-century fortress. Hear how it protected Vigo from ancient invaders as you take in the beautiful views of the city below you. Walk down the opposite side and discover Vigo's first settlement, created by the Celtics. Continue downhill to the historic city center. Wander through the narrow streets of the old city, pass by the old Jewish Quarter, and take in the sights on 'Rua Real' (Royal Street) before arriving at the La Piedra oyster market. Relax over a plate of shellfish or tapas, a fresh mug of local beer, or a chilled glass of local Albariño white wine at your own expense as you recharge your batteries.
After the break, enjoy some free time exploring the city's 19th-century shopping district before returning to your original point of departure to conclude the tour.
Inclusions for Vigo Secrets Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Hotel or port pick-up and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Headsets to hear the tour guide clearly (for groups larger than 6 people)
Exclusions for Vigo Secrets Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
A maximum of 15 people per booking is allowed
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.