Villefranche Shore Excursion: Small-Group Food Tour Of Nice
OverviewDip into the culinary delights and heritage of the French Riviera when your ship docks in Villefranche on this half-day shore excursion to Nice. Feast on Nioise cuisine (cuisine Nissarde) think onion tart and savory crpes as you sip on ros at a port restaurant in Nice. Next, sample some of Provences delicious olive oil at an authentic olive oil mill. You'll also admire stunning vistas of Nice and the Mediterranean on a hilltop at Fort du Mont Alban. Numbers on this small-group are limited to eight people, allowing you to enjoy a personalized experience.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Villefranche cruise port and board your comfortable, 8-passenger minivan with the rest of your small group. Sit back and absorb the views over the Mediterranean Sea as you travel through the French Riviera on route to Nice. This charming port city is one of the Cte dAzurs gastronomic meccas with its own Nioise specialties that blend French and Italian cuisine.
En route, visit Opio, a tiny village perched on a hill east of Grasse in Provence. Here, visit a traditional olive oil mill and sample some of the regions most renowned olive oil and tapenade.
Get your camera ready for a stop at Fort du Mont Alban, a 16th-century fortress sitting on a hilltop just outside Nice. Admire the sweeping views over Nice below and its sparkling bay opening to the Mediterranean.
The highlight of your excursion comes as you head into Nice center to sample some authentic local dishes. Head for a restaurant near the charming port area and sit down to two Nioise favorites, moreish socca and pissaladire, each paired with a glass of delicious ros wine.
As you eat, your guide will give you fascinating insights into the culinary heritage and customs of the Nice and French Riviera food scene.
Afterward, hop into your minivan for your journey back to Villefranche, where your shore excursion finishes with a drop-off at the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore ExcursionWe will ensure your timely return to Villefranche cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to your next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Villefranche Shore Excursion: Small-Group Food Tour Of Nice
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by luxury minivan
- Guided tour of olive mill in Opio
- 1 olive oil and tapenade tasting
- Food tastings and 1 glass of ros wine
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Villefranche Shore Excursion: Small-Group Food Tour Of Nice
- Entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Monaco Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Monaco, Monte-Carlo, Eze, Saint-Paul de Vence, Antibes and Cannes
- Italian Markets Shopping Tour from Nice
- Private Tour: Half-Day Sightseeing Tour of Eze, Monaco and Monte-Carlo from Nice
- Villefranche Shore Excursion: Small-Group Monaco and Eze Day Trip
- Villefranche Shore Excursion: Small-Group Monaco and Eze Half-Day Tour
- Villefranche Shore Excursion: Small-Group Half-Day Trip to Cannes, Antibes and St-Paul-de-Vence