Vilnius Private Tour: Uzhupis City Walking Tour
OverviewEnjoy a private walking tour of Uzhupis (Uupis) in Vilnius - though this neighbourhood spans only two streets and an alleyway, you can spend an entire day here, or be tempted to stay your entire life. If you've been to Vilnius before, but not visited Uzupis – then you have not been to Vilnius!
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAlthough Uzhupis (Uupis) is a vital neighbourhood in Vilnius City, it beats to the rhythm of its own drum. As this neighbourhood is separated by a river from the old town, it's name hails from a literal phrase “beyond the river” pronounced ‘Uzhupis’.
Back in the day, Uzhupis used to be a drowsy, even rough neighbourhood, but today it's an artists paradise and bohemian Vilnius getaway, often compared to Montmartre in Paris or Kristiania in Copenhagen. Through the initiative of some Uzhupis residents, the unofficial Uzhupis Republic was created, which has its own president, constitution, hymn and, most importantly its own great events.
Though this neighborhood spans only two streets and an alleyway, you can spend an entire day here, or be tempted to stay your entire life.
Believe us when we tell you, if you’ve been to Vilnius, but not visited Uzupis – you have not been to Vilnius.
On this tour you will see the most famous symbols of Vilnius:
- St. Anne's Church
- Bernardine Church
- Statue of Adam Mickiewicz
- Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit (Staciatikiu Sv. Dvasios Cerkve)
- Uzupis Mermaid
- Uzupis Angel
- Uzupis Constitution
- Art Gallary
- The best Beer Pub
- Bernardine Cemetery
- Vilnius Old Town
- Gediminas Tower
- Castle Hill
Inclusions for Vilnius Private Tour: Uzhupis City Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Vilnius Private Tour: Uzhupis City Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.