Vineyard Walk & Picnic - Portland
OverviewJoin us for a walking tour of our Dundee Hills estate, including our winery, vineyards and oak woodlands. This is a chance to get up close and personal with the soil & vines that provide us the wonderful grapes we need to create our delicious wines. You will enjoy a guided tasting of our wines along with a detailed explanation of how the soil, slope, and environment all help to shape our wines. We'll finish with a gourmet picnic lunch on our patio overlooking the coastal mountains.
Know More about this tourMeet at Winter's Hill Estate nestled in the Dundee Hills approximately 1 hour drive from Portland. We will introduce you to our wines and our winemaking techniques in our modern working winery. At Winter's Hill, tastings take place within the winery, so you can see and learn about the winemaking activities taking place that day.
Next we will walk approximately 1/2 mile to the vineyards where the grapes for our wines are grown. Wear appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk up and downhill. You will learn how the climate, soil, slope and farming techniques all impact the wines that we create. Depending on the season, we will explain the development of the vines and fruit, and the work that is being done in the vines.
After we return to the winery, we'll complete our wine tasting and enjoy a picnic lunch on our patio with sweeping views to the South and West. In the case of inclement weather, we will eat inside the winery.
Inclusions for Vineyard Walk & Picnic
- Wine tasting
- Walking tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Vineyard Walk & Picnic
- Winter's Hill Estate wines are available for purchase and shipment to your home.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 21 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Morning Half-Day Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls Tour from Portland
- Wine Tour of Willamette Valley with a Personal Sommelier
- Private Arrival Transfer: Portland International Airport to Hotel
- Best of Portland Small-Group Sightseeing Tour
- Mt Hood Day Trip from Portland to Multnomah Falls and Hood River
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Portland International Airport
- Downtown Portland Walking Tour
- 2.5-hour Coffee and Doughnut Tour in Downtown Portland